Do you wear shorts when flying??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty cut and dry!

Hmm. Looks like a marketing ploy to sell shorts when they skimped on fabric.

All I'm saying is, I've never heard that statement actually spoken by a female; usually it's from a guy trying to not feel uncomfortable in short shorts.

:mug:

Well, I fly exclusively in shorts because like many other guys I get hot. Being the fraternity gentleman that I am, my shorts tend to lean towards the shorter side(7-9" inseam) and are always a bright color that attracts women's eyes. But I've never received complaints. Women love man thigh.

Eeyew. No. You are just a little bit away from being "that guy" in the bar who is 30 years older than everyone else, macking on the women with your shirt unbuttoned and your astrology medallion peeking out of chest carpeting. Don't be that guy. Fix it now while you can. :drunk:

It isn't about what you look like. Who cares if you wear plaid with stripes? The rude part is forcing someone next to you to deal with being pressed by naked flesh for hours on end. Cargo shorts are fine, but cover up the hairy pasty parts that might touch other people. Consider this a public service announcement.

Well, I fly exclusively in shorts .... But I've never received complaints. Women love man thigh.

In this day in age people rarely openly make complaints, they just mock you in hushed whispers on their facebook status updates, twitter feeds, and openly on websites such as Hot Chicks With *****ebags.....Not hearing the taunts doesn't mean you're getting off scott free, just that folks have a broader, virtual audience to laugh at you even harder ;)

Eeyew. No. You are just a little bit away from being "that guy" in the bar who is 30 years older than everyone else, macking on the women with your shirt unbuttoned and your astrology medallion peeking out of chest carpeting. Don't be that guy. Fix it now while you can. :drunk:

It isn't about what you look like. Who cares if you wear plaid with stripes? The rude part is forcing someone next to you to deal with being pressed by naked flesh for hours on end. Cargo shorts are fine, but cover up the hairy pasty parts that might touch other people. Consider this a public service announcement.

Sheesh. You didn't have to go and compare the guy to Larry Dallas to make your point. Ouch!

Bedlam said:

I'm definitely not the fossil aged man in the bar. I am the obnoxious college kid at the bar with the extensive tab. Just doing my part to help save the economy. Hitting on the table of fine sorority women at the corner table with their cosmos. Zodiac chain, I think not.

The only person on a plane that should be wearing cargo anything is a service man. No civilian needs that many pockets.

Southern_Junior said:
The only person on a plane that should be wearing cargo anything is a service man. No civilian needs that many pockets.

Agree to disagree! My wife buys me regular shorts but I don't like them. I wear cargo shorts 90% of the time that I wear shorts.
I don't rock cargo pants but I do love the shorts. And yes, half the time I do have something in the cargo pocket!

So on my international flight last month, I had no business wearing my 5.11-style tactical pants? Wallet in right rear pocket, keys/change in front hip pocket, cellphone in left hip pocket, passport in the 'hidden' zipper pocket, iPod and small digital card game in 'cargo' pocket, and right before boarding the plane, a paperback book in the other cargo pocket, with my boarding pass.

All of the crap that you have to dig through your bags to find as you go through security, or retrieve out of the overhead compartment during the flight... is physically on me the entire time. In general, once my arse hits the seat, I don't get up again the duration of the flight. (The international flight was an exception; because my father and I, both large framed men, were sharing a 2-seat row, I stood in the mid-plane galley for over two hours on the return flight)

Southern_Junior said:

I agree. I used to wear cargo shorts but I switched to regular shorts. My wife calls them my dad shorts. Don't know if I'd want to wear full on grape smugglers/daisy dukes/UDT shorts though.

I haven't flown in years but when I did I'd always wear pants or jeans and bring a sweater or sweatshirt with me. Shorts aren't rude. Sweatpants are just sloppy to wear outside the house or gym.

Back