making fermentation house/is it ok to bottle/keg with pump?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sithspitt

Reaction score
I'm making a place to store my wort at a consistant temp so i'm making a fermintation house. Its a 8x8 building and i'm planning on using 15 gallon carboys/ 3 on top(for the primary) and 3 on the bottom(for the secondary) on shelves on top of each other(to use natures wonder gravity). My problem is that lifting 10+ gallons of wort to bottle/keg is something i don't want to do so the question is is it ok to use a March 809 magnetic impeller pump to bottle/keg>:confused:

consider using your co2 to push your beer around. I use carboy caps and a keg full of co2 connected similar to the beermuncher bottlefiller. I push the beer into a keg or even secondary fermenter purged with co2. I connect straight to the beer out post of the keg. I'm a little to tanked to explain it further right now but hopefully you get the picture :) this can go uphill downhill sideways anyways

Back