What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clawed my way through RR again, and this time was rewarded with scoring the Row 2. It's an excellent beer, but needs a little more hop aroma. They make these beers so beautiful they are stripping out a lot of the good stuff I fear.

image-2934897024.jpg

image-1477374375.jpg

Apfelwein.

It's about five months old now. It's bottled and lightly carbed. It does taste better than other apfelwein and ciders that I made in the past (and drank without nearly as much aging) but I think I'll wait another month or so before opening another bottle.

j1laskey said:
Coffee Infused Pumpkin Stout at the Cape Ann Brewery in Gloucester

Yeah I know it almost June and 85 degrees at night on the coast

Sounds pretty good!
In my opinion, no beer is ever out of season.

It's good to be the King! :mug:

Damn right. Named one of my meads that. Awesome movie. Count de monet, wish that was ny name lol I love mel brooks movies. Thats when slap stick was in its prime. Cheers!!!

Having WestlyS its a trap. On the nose and taste it straight belgian type and funk. Taste more belgian and a taste of lemon maybe. Easy drinking being 8.3%. Good stuff man.
ForumRunner_20130531_210221.png

Heady after a three hour hell ride to rays town lake that should have taken an hour and a half tops. Stupid camper jack feel off going down the road unscrewed it self some how had to buy a new one at wall mart then put the ***** together oh well heady is coolin me down so its relaxin time

image-213525811.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
Having WestlyS its a trap. On the nose and taste it straight belgian type and funk. Taste more belgian and a taste of lemon maybe. Easy drinking being 8.3%. Good stuff man.

The lemon may be from the Sorachi Ace hops. All the late hop additions were Sorachi and I dry hopped with 2 oz of them.
I'm very happy with how it turned out. It has a good Belgian character from the Trappist yeast. Glad you like it!

My pineapple coconut juice flavored rice wine. I wish I would've wrote down the date that I bottled and pasteurized this. I know it's been at least a few weeks. It has definitely smoothed out alot and the solids have compacted in the bottom of the bottle more.
The pineapple and coconut flavor is starting to come through more now upfront and the jasmine rice flavor comes through in the end and aftertaste. I'm going to wait another few weeks before I open another bottle from this batch and see the difference.

image-3059248694.jpg

Very good Black IPA. Nicy floral, spicy, somewhat earthy hop character. A tiny bit of roast is present, but definitely takes a back seat to the caramel sweetness and maltiness which compliments the hop character well. This very well could end up in my regular rotation*.

*EDIT: I just found out it's an annual offering, so I guess it won't be part of my regular rotation, but I will look forward to it every year.

20130531_215500.jpg

I've got an Ommegang 3 Philosophers in the fridge. Debating in whether I want to try this for the first time tonight or wait until tomorrow

Latest posts

Back