Batch 2 is in bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stitchlips

Reaction score
My first batch was a huge success it's been in bottles for two weeks and they taste great. A little sweet.

I bottled my second batch today. I had to taste it. It tastes just like Sierra Nevada. It is a little too bitter for my liking.

My third batch is going to be a cerveza, I think. Thanks to everyone for the help!

I wanted to post a picture of the bottom of the bucket from the second batch, man it was about 1 inch thick. What do you guys do with this stuff?
yeast.jpg

My pic isnt showing for me......
YUMMY!

Your pick isn't showing because of the number of posts you have. I think you need at least 20.
Some brewers "wash" the yeast and reuse it. I am not experiecrd enough right now so I wash it down the drain when cleaning my fermentor.
If you want to try it I think there is a sticky post in the yeast forumn about doing it.
Congrats on the second batch!

I throw it in the compost pile. I believe others harvest it and culture the yeast for the next batch. Glad to hear your first couple batches are working out.

Back