Love TS Series Issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfkriege

Reaction score
I built out a fermentation chamber / lagering chamber from a freezer with a Love TS controller. It has been working beautifully for the last few months (a nice Oktoberfest and a few ales), up until the last day or two.

I was putting a brown ale in to cool down for clarification, and set it to 36F. I cam in today and it was at 31F. I reset it to 40F as the set point, and then came back after work and it was at 28 and had a nice ice slug as the top. I have also seen it flash 'ooo' twice now and then go back to the temperature.

I assume from this that the thermistor is going bad. I have checked connections and put in an order for another temp probe, but wanted to throw it to the forum and see if anyone else has seen this happen.

Any input would be great. Now, to go and thaw out my beer.......

Joshua

I have also seen it flash 'ooo' twice now and then go back to the temperature.

Pull on the sensor cable at the terminals, could be a bad connection.
0000= open sensor.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked over everything and it appeared to be solid, but I went ahead and reseated all of the wires while I had it open just to make sure. We shall see if that does anything.

Joshua

Back