Home brew has ruined me

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyingwmelon

Reaction score
So we went out to dinner this evening and the resturant had pints for $2.50. I got a Fat Tire and took a sip. Tasted like water to me. My wife asked what was wrong and I told her that I probably would not be having another drink when we go out anymore because my IPA at home was so much better. I know that there are brews on tap places that are better the Fat Tire but that used to be my goto beer when going out. Oh well another reason to move up to patial mash and then AG.

I agree as well - imagine my chagrin when SWMBO and I showed up to the company picnic yesterday and all they had was Bud and Miller Lite. :( It quite nearly almost perhaps tasted like there was some beer hiding in that water.

I'm pretty much the same way with beer, there are things I can drink if I'm out and about with my friends but The only stuff I seem to really enjoy these days comes in a bottle I've capped myself.

I get "you're a beer snob" all the time from Friends. Now days, I'll drink water rather than drink a beer that's just OK.

I'm pretty much in agreement. I was at the beer shop the other day getting a 6-er for my sister-in-law who has...simple tastes, and I picked up a 6-er of Cisco Brewers Whale's Tale Pale Ale at the recommendation of the guy at the shop. I was pretty pissed off when I got home and realized that my pale ale is much better, and I make mine for much less than $12/ 6 pack plus tax and bottle deposit.

You're not a beer snob if you dont like BMC or the like. It just means you like a burger that you grill yourself rather than McDonalds.

I have a hard time seeing lots of beers as bad. Now that I brew I appreciate beer more, my palate for beer has expanded, but ill still drink a PBR or a Miller now and again and enjoy it. Hell, two days ago I was riding my motorcycle at the track and the bud light I had that night was one of the best beers I'd had in awhile.

Sure a burger I grill is going to be great to me, but sometimes I just want a ****ing McDouble.

Welcome to the "beer snob" club...

SWMBO gave me a hard time when we were out at a restaurant a couple of days ago and I had the waitress run down their whole beer list.... and then ordered a Pepsi.

They didn't have anything that I wanted to drink when I knew I could go home and have all the tap beer I could handle.

SWMBO gave me a hard time when we were out at a restaurant a couple of days ago and I had the waitress run down their whole beer list.... and then ordered a Pepsi.

They didn't have anything that I wanted to drink when I knew I could go home and have all the tap beer I could handle.

Now that's what I'm talking about.

+2 done that before.

Or I go down the beer isle and end up getting nothing.

If you don't want it- don't buy it. For me it's not always about getting the most face smashingly flavorful beer. Drinking is something I do with my friends- and sometimes when you're doin your thing with your buddies you just can't give the beer all the attention it deserves. This is why BMC are useful.

Hmm, when I'm out somewhere, beer is the last thing next to my plate. I'll take a double of Mayer's Dark Rum with my dinner most of the time when out at that kind of place.

When I get to the point most of you are at I'll never hear the end of it. :eek:...
Friends and family already think I'm a liquor snob. It'll be all over once I get "ruined" by home brew.:D

Back