Five + years on this forum!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was just looking at my "join date" and realized that it's been over 5 years since I found this forum.

I wasn't much of a brewer, just a winemaker who made beer. My first forays were with the "Beer Machine 2000" and the beer was, well, not good. I tried it a couple of times, but beer seemed so much harder than wine! I dabbled in beer and drank the product but didn't really like it all that much.

One day, I decided to just buy a Brewer's Best kit at the Wisconsin Deli/Gas Station/Bait Store/Beer store that I frequent. (People in Wisconsin know exactly what I mean!- you can get bait and fried chicken and gas. Not always at the pump..........)

Anyway, the Brewer's Best kit was really pretty good! And so I bought another. And another. And a few more. One day, I was brewing and stuck the airlock on the bucket and plop! in went the rubber grommet. I duct taped the airlock on and I panicked and ran to google. And the first link was to this forum.

30,000+ posts later, I have an all electric HERMS, two kegerators, have gone to two NHCs, and I have countless brewing brothers and sisters.

Not only do I thank you all, I blame you all also!

I remember telling the_Bird about 5 years ago that I was NEVER going all-grain as my beer was good enough and I loved doing it. You encouraged me. All of you.

You all owe me $7,500.

:tank:

Congrats Yoop! It's sad the money these people make us spend! They take extravagant beer projects and make them seem like something everybody just does. So we all end up spending too much money just to make each other feel normal. :mug:

Well to make right the forums wrongs I will buy the system back from you for 1,000 bucks! ;). Happy anniversary!

I remember telling the_Bird about 5 years ago that I was NEVER going all-grain as my beer was good enough and I loved doing it. You encouraged me. All of you.

You all owe me $7,500.

Never going all grain, never gonna keg, never gonna brew a lager for sure, got no use for PAs or IPAs or IIPAs...at least I'm past six years now and don't have a herms or rims or any of that new-fangled stuff...$7500 you say?

Well I have only been apart of hbt for a few months and already went ag bobby m always makes me want to go bigger with his post. I have already done 8 ag batches with great success and I want to spend a fortune reading on this site thank you hbt for helping my hobby become an obsession also I recently made my first stupid comment on drunk rambling so I feel like I belong now thanks yooper

Well I have only been apart of hbt for a few months and already went ag bobby m always makes me want to go bigger with his post. I have already done 8 ag batches with great success and I want to spend a fortune reading on this site thank you hbt for helping my hobby become an obsession also I recently made my first stupid comment on drunk rambling so I feel like I belong now thanks yooper

Meh, wait until you have stupid comment #153 posted into the "memorable quotes" thread! Taken out of context, I sound even dumber than in person!

Ain't it been a helluva five years?

You and all your "free time in retirement," you've far exceeded what I've done over the same period of time. Congrats, Yoop, and here's to the next five! :mug:

cake.jpg

Sorry, I can't tell what the hell kind of cake that is. :/

Well Yooper, you admit freely that you still have a lot to learn. 5 years seems like one hell of a long pregnancy! Admit now that you have delivered the baby and you are an awesome brewer, or get out the bloody forceps and pull that sucker out!!

Er, I mean CONGRATS!! :D

Like the other thread says, you are awesome, Yooper! Thanks for all the advice over the years. You do have a flaw, I'm afraid to say. You're a Detroit hockey fan!;)

It's amazing that I have like 34,000 posts. I'm sitting here, drinking a brew, and realizing that I have met so many wonderful people from this forum and some have become very good friends.

I'm also realizing that I need to get a life! :D

You have a life! It consists of brewing and drinking! Doesn't get much better than that!

Your 33k posts over 5 years does put my 600 in 1.5 years to shame.

Yeah... but 18 posts doesn't seem like much until you factor in all of the reading that has to occur in order to make a decent contribution in a post, and Yooper makes plenty of great contributions.

Your one of the coolest chicks I know. You brew beer and play hockey. A girl after my own heart...Now I just have to get my wife some skates and some grain......

Latest posts

Back