united states postal office shipping tracking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
your wife is the software......that runs on their web server.....

I hate the USP tracking. It doesnt work right. I like when ppl ship things on ups

Defiantly sucks not even close to accurate. Are we really surprised? When was the last time our government ran something correctly?

Yeah 99% of the time the package doesn't even show up in their system until it has been sitting in my mailbox for three days, whereas when the UPS driver drops the package at my doorstep I can login before he is at the end of the street and it says "delivered". :)

Yeah 99% of the time the package doesn't even show up in their system until it has been sitting in my mailbox for three days, whereas when the UPS driver drops the package at my doorstep I can login before he is at the end of the street and it says "delivered". :)
Wow, you do that? Get a hobby.:D

Illustration of the difference between gub-ment run bureaucracy and private Enterprise. Also proof of why competition is a good thing.

USPS tracking is very lame.

I think it shows the delivery date 2 days after it's actually been delivered.

Service is very good though.

USPS tracking is only good for so called proof of delivery for ebay items, but only days after it has been delivered. No status, nothing.

yeah USPS has a tracking system, but it does not work. Once on an ebay item I tried to track it and it said delivered. It was definately lost, when I tried to explain the clerk at the post office the status I was seeing they told me they did not have access to that system! WTF. They said the only way to resolve my issue was to talk directly to MY postman which was on vacation..... I LOVE UPS. It's no wonder they keep raising stamp prices, there lousy service can't keep the customers around.

I believe the difference is with UPS their mobile units (the thing the driver has you sign or he signs) transmit. With the USPS the unit they scan with only relays the info at the end of the day when the carrier signs it back in to a clerk who then puts them in the cradle to upload.

I was a letter carrier for a time when they first implemented these. They may be different now but that was how it was. They are useless and a pain in the @ss.

Back