Aluminum Brew Frame

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gomtorus

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am trying to find a website that I looked at sometime ago but have been unable to find again. It has been a while since Google has failed me but I guess this is one of them.

It is a DIY site showing how a guy built his 10 gallon system with converted kegs. He also showed / mentioned that how he built his stand from scrap aluminum angle /square tubing. I believe the guy was located in Texas and maybe even in Houston. If anyone know this website or perhaps even know the person, I would appreciate a link please.

I am also in the process of building my system and liked his aluminum stand idea. In particular, I think he mentioned a aluminum dealer in Houston where he got his materials at low (scrap?) prices.

Thanks

Andre
- Houston, TX

Metal prices have gone through the roof in the past year... aluminum will be very expensive.

Dont know about this site your talking about, but if your on a budget, I'd look towards a different solution.

Check out www.mcmaster.com for pricing. They are a bit expensive, but it will give you an idea of where you are headed.

EDIT: also, you'll need to worry about welding aluminum... you need a TIG welder and some skill to do so.

From what I can remember of this website, the person essentially got his material from a scrap metal processor that extruded/manufactured the tubing on site and hence it was pretty cheap.

He opted to bolt his stand together instead of welding which is what I would do to.

Latest posts

Back