Pliny The Younger Released Today!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeBronco

Reaction score
Pulled from the Russian River website posted last night!

vinny from R.R. said:
We are releasing Pliny the Younger, as planned, tomorrow at 11am at our Pub in Santa Rosa! I hear many people are traveling here for the Release, so I am really glad we planned ahead this year to make it last for 2 weeks! We also just released Sanctification for the first time in 375ml bottles- tasty beer in a new cute bottle!

You may have already heard, but our friend, Don Younger, passed away last Monday in Portland, Oregon. Don would have owned and operated Horse Brass Pub for 35 years this year. He was doing this long before many of us were old enough to drink beer, or perhaps even born. Don was, and will always be, a true pioneer, an original Publican, and absolute legend. So we dedicate this year's batch of Pliny the Younger to you, old friend! Here is one of my favorite Don Younger quotes, when asked if he would like to have breakfast at Willie Bird's:

"The closest thing I get to bacon for breakfast is a Blind Pig!"

Cheers to you, Don!

Following are the markets to which they will send Younger (same as last year):

San Francisco
East Bay
North Bay
Southern California
Seattle, WA
Portland, OR
Colorado
Philadelphia, PA

:ban::ban::drunk::ban::ban:

Its only going to last TWO weeks! Just in time for valentine's day!!! Good thing the old lady likes beer!

Oh man oh man oh man. I can't make it to Santa Rosa in the next two weeks. I wonder if it will be served at the HopYard or Bistro in the East Bay.. I somehow doubt bottles will be for sale at WholeFoods.

Hopyard will have it! They should have it tonight too! Rotgut, wheres your LHBS? I used to live in Hayward, im in Dublin now.

I just talked to Rob at Hopyard in Pleasanton, they are tapping there keg on Friday the 11th and plan to run out on the 12. They are getting TWO kegs from RR. Most other pubs are only getting one!!! Vinny from Russian river will be there on the 22nd and they should have another keg then.

Hopyard will have it! They should have it tonight too! Rotgut, wheres your LHBS? I used to live in Hayward, im in Dublin now.

I'm in Hayward.. usually go to Brewmaster in San Leandro but I'm going to swing by Hoptech after work today.

I just talked to Rob at Hopyard in Pleasanton, they are tapping there keg on Friday the 11th and plan to run out on the 12. They are getting TWO kegs from RR. Most other pubs are only getting one!!! Vinny from Russian river will be there on the 22nd and they should have another keg then.

W00t! I'll be in Yosemite this weekend. Looks like next weekend is gonna be fun too. Friday I'll have to head (hopefully.. crossing my fingers) to HopYard for some Pliny the Younger. Saturday day... the Double IPA Fest at the Bistro. And Saturday night, a private Stout Smackdown at a friends. Oh yeah baby.

Thanks for the heads up!

No problem. If your going to Hoptech today, tell them that Joel sent ya... Ask Roberto if he has any Frankenbeer left!

I'll have to head (hopefully.. crossing my fingers) to HopYard for some Pliny the Younger. Saturday day... the Double IPA Fest at the Bistro. And Saturday night, a private Stout Smackdown at a friends. Oh yeah baby.

Thanks for the heads up!

They usually have a keg of Younger at the Bistro's Double IPA fest, but it goes quickly. I'll see you there.

OOOHHHHHHHH. Im going to be at Russian River on Sunday so it will be a good treat to taste some other IIPAs on sat!

I've never had the younger or elder so if anyone on the left coast ever wants something from the right coast that I can get, I'd love to do a swap sometime!!

I've never had the younger or elder so if anyone on the left coast ever wants something from the right coast that I can get, I'd love to do a swap sometime!!

No way to ship younger... They wont sell bottles, its at your local pub/bar only.

I am stalking down some Younger when it makes it's celebrity tour into bars down here in SoCal. Can't freakin' wait!

Anyone have any information on when it will be available in PDX? So far I've only gotten confirmations that the usual bars will have it, but none of them know when!

If you REALLY want to try Pliny the Elder you can pick one up from E-bay for a hefty price....

Cool, but we're talking about Pliny the YOUNGER.

Denverites - the distributor's picking up Falling Rock's share Friday! Hopefully they'll tap it sometime next week...

Cool, but we're talking about Pliny the YOUNGER.

Denverites - the distributor's picking up Falling Rock's share Friday! Hopefully they'll tap it sometime next week...

I just read on Falling Rock's site, they are fielding 3 to 4 DOZEN calls a DAY about Younger. ha!!!

I just read on Falling Rock's site, they are fielding 3 to 4 DOZEN calls a DAY about Younger. ha!!!

Happens every year. Poor bastards. :)

It's quite the experience though. I got there a couple hours before tapping last year and it sold out in under 30 minutes! Luckily, the bossman knows my passion. He already knows I'll be disappearing one afternoon next week.

Jake said he wanted either of them... Thats why i said you cant get younger but you can get elder and gave him a link.

Ya, if you find younger on E-bay, its fake or a year old.

Doh. At Hopyard now. They busted out Pliny the Younger yesterday at 5PM and ran dry after 2 hours. No Younger for me. There's still Brewery Night on the 22nd though... :p

Doh. At Hopyard now. They busted out Pliny the Younger yesterday at 5PM and ran dry after 2 hours. No Younger for me. There's still Brewery Night on the 22nd though... :p

You missed it... If you would have went the the Hopyard in San Ramon they didnt run out until 6:30!!! Not that many people knew that they had it.

To bad i got there at 6:35 :drunk:

Its all good, im going to Russian River tomorrow.

If anyone can get rr in bottles an is looking to trade for any Chicago beer pm me. I can get you goose island, new glarus, three floyds, half acre, emmett's, or any other brewer from the area.

I checked that out. Its a bit expensive for what you get. $40 for 5 tastes...
I would rather buy a few bombers and call it a night.

I went to the Double IPA fest at the B Street Bistro and they had it there. Of course, Steve Altamari's, High Water Brewing, beer was still the best I had all day.

I ended up skipping the Double IPA fest and cleaned bottles instead, then went to a "Stout Smackdown" at a friends house. We had 8 different stouts that we did blind taste tests of and rated. Good times. :)

JoeBronco said:
You missed it... If you would have went the the Hopyard in San Ramon they didnt run out until 6:30!!! Not that many people knew that they had it.

Ah well. We were at Pleasanton Hopyard.

NICE! I stopped by P-town hopyard, but when they told me they already blew the keg i went to the San Ramon Hopyard.

I checked that out. Its a bit expensive for what you get. $40 for 5 tastes...
I would rather buy a few bombers and call it a night.

Once you have a glass from the year before, they don't seem to mind if you bring it next year. The $40 includes the price of the glass. If you already have one, they let you buy the 6 oz pours for $2 each. I always buy the glass every year anyway, but I see people doing this at every festival.

Back