What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mountains of North Carolina...family trip. If it were a buddy trip there would be home brew and brewery crawls!

Heady Topper by The Alchemist in Vermont. A guest in my bar tipped me with it. Holy Mother Of All I hold Dear![

ATTACH]207512[/ATTACH]

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403670875.334067.jpg

I am Soooo close to Oskar Blues in Brevard...and no alcohol in two days! No vehicle at my disposal, no designated driver and nobody else on this trip that gives a s#%t about beer. And I can SEE big ass trout and have thrown everything in the tackle box at them and they ain't bitin'.

Coke Zero...not even Cherry. Ack!
Really? No biters? Someone said even I could likely catch a fish there!
Sorry about the sobriety. I would have at least packed HB! That summer ale is rocking! I want the recipe bad and if I find out there are amarillo hops I'll retract my statement about how I don't think I'm a big fan of them.
How do you go fishing in Colorado and NOT pack beer? Sounds like you need to find new fishin buddies.

Not to answer for him but he's in the mountains of Asheville, not Colorado. ;) Oskar Blues is in NC as well.

Water. Overslept a bit and now need to get going.

Really? No biters? Someone said even I could likely catch a fish there!

Sorry about the sobriety. I would have at least packed HB! That summer ale is rocking! I want the recipe bad and if I find out there are amarillo hops I'll retract my statement about how I don't think I'm a big fan of them.

Not to answer for him but he's in the mountains of Asheville, not Colorado. ;) Oskar Blues is in NC as well.

Water. Overslept a bit and now need to get going.
Ah sure enough read right past that he wrote brevard. Details details.

Water for the next 24hrs.

This had me confused, and I thought maybe my memory was going to hell. When I was in Florida, I had my first beer from Oskar Blues (Old Chub) and noted that the can said that it was packaged in North Carolina. I came home and bought some Old Chub in Michigan and someone asked me about it. I said, "it's good...it's from a brewery in North Carolina". He immediately said, "they why does the can say it was brewed in Colorado?" I had no answer to that, other than to think my memory sucks.

Grumble...
Today started out well. I went to bed early last night and got a reasonable amount of sleep so I felt awake and happy, had coffee and felt better. Then everybody decided all at once that I was obviously having too good of a day and now it is ruined. Ruined I tell you. Is it beer o'clock yet? Some people should not be allowed to use computers, phones, or breathe air I tell you.

More Coff. No traffic on the way to work for a change.

Lots of water after a morning run around the river in Austin. Damn it's humid here, drenched. Coffee in a second.

Did I beat Remmy for the first beer of the day? :D
Brining some chicken and drinking the remainder of the beer that went into the brine. View attachment 207526

Thoughts on that one Wes? I made a clone last year that I liked way better, this year it seems too sweet to me.

On the coffee real hard, first time in almost a week I have had fresh roasted coffee due to being a lazy ass

Water again. Reheated leftover Indian food so the house smells terrible. I love the food (what I get) but have problems with the smell for some reason.

This had me confused, and I thought maybe my memory was going to hell. When I was in Florida, I had my first beer from Oskar Blues (Old Chub) and noted that the can said that it was packaged in North Carolina. I came home and bought some Old Chub in Michigan and someone asked me about it. I said, "it's good...it's from a brewery in North Carolina". He immediately said, "they why does the can say it was brewed in Colorado?" I had no answer to that, other than to think my memory sucks.
Yeah, at the new brewery they serve you a flight and the last of it is usually a TenFidy brewed here in NC and one brewed in CO. Not sure if that is normal or if it was how things were the day a friend went there, but that is what they did. They're brewing in NC now too. All my Oskar is now straight from NC making for delicious Gubna. Unfortunately, in spite of the shorter transportation of this beer, the price remains the same. It makes sense for West Coast beers to have a slightly higher markup, but now it makes zero sense for Oskar. Either way, they can have all my monies.

More Coff. No traffic on the way to work for a change.

3 whole days in an office, hell hath frozen over, yes? :D

But then I saw this…
Bastard. :D

I won't be drinking during the day for a few weeks when I start working from home for 2-3 days a week again. :tank:

So the new job will allow you to work from home and this new job is the culprit behind your no more day drinking right now? Mystery solved! Hurry up and work from home already!

Last night I was kicking a few of my Honey/Vanilla Hefes, so dang refreshing, but just straight coffee due to waking up in the middle of the night to calm my daughter and then I couldn't sleep much, guess I shoulda had another hefe.

Water again. Reheated leftover Indian food so the house smells terrible. I love the food (what I get) but have problems with the smell for some reason.

[\QUOTE]

We have a Nepali student in our lab , out Indian student's cuisine smells like roses .

Sent from the future using neurological impulses.

Water with lunch. Just got tested for bodyfat and it increased almost 2% over the last 14 months. How the **** did I find home brew talk again? :mad:

Thoughts on that one Wes? I made a clone last year that I liked way better, this year it seems too sweet to me.

On the coffee real hard, first time in almost a week I have had fresh roasted coffee due to being a lazy ass

It's decent. Definitely a good one for summers in Texas. It doesn't seem too sweet to me, but it could stand to be a little drier. Overall, a good beer. Im always glad to see breweries coming to Texas, but I think SanTan will get lost in the mix here. But I'm sure people here will go crazy when Sex Panther is in season, though. ;)

It's decent. Definitely a good one for summers in Texas. It doesn't seem too sweet to me, but it could stand to be a little drier. Overall, a good beer. Im always glad to see breweries coming to Texas, but I think SanTan will get lost in the mix here. But I'm sure people here will go crazy when Sex Panther is in season, though. ;)

It's a good brewery and great people that work there that I know, but they get kinda lost here too

Cappucino and I also brewed an espresso and dumped it into the same cup. Who gives a ****? :off:

photo.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403721832.486304.jpg
A slightly fizzy & cloudy St Peters IPA, very tasty though, & very very pleased with my very first pint of home brew!
(Made some lethal cider a couple of years ago, but not counting that!)

Latest posts

Back