I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand it was 52* this morning when I left for work and it felt more like a spring then winter 52* I will enjoy a few in spiritual harmony. I spent quite a bit of my youth in the UP mom and most of our relatives grew up there.

Happy Friday and second day of spring. It's snowing here of course. It feels more like a fall snow than a winter snow so that must mean something. I think I am going to have a few beers tonight. Cheers!

Enjoy your snowy evening. There can't be many more of those for you this year.

My kids were so envious of the north because they didn't grow up with snow. I took them to New York at Christmastime. It was 5F. They haven't said a peep about getting back into the cold again.

I understand it was 52* this morning when I left for work and it felt more like a spring then winter 52* I will enjoy a few in spiritual harmony. I spent quite a bit of my youth in the UP mom and most of our relatives grew up there.

Hey bud, we had a nice day today, didn't we? My youngest spent the day on Clearwater Beach.

I didn't know you had roots here. It seems that a lot of yoopers end up in Florida. Some are snow birds and some just disappear for good.

My kids were so envious of the north because they didn't grow up with snow. I took them to New York at Christmastime. It was 5F. They haven't said a peep about getting back into the cold again.

I never count on spring weather until May. My daughter's birthday is April 16. We have had perfect 70 degree days and snow about equal for her parties.

I remember reading about your trip. 5 degrees is a bit extreme for anyone. My kids love the snow but they barely went out this winter with the extreme cold.

They probably didn't have the right clothes. Kids here love it. But we dress for it. Stay dry, hot chocolate, rosy faces will equal smiling energetic children.

Happy Friday night!

When I was young, and profoundly poor, I used to have a lot of parties (in rented houses and trailers). So much bad stuff happened in those events. I got hurt many times, even hospitalized. My best friend and I used to get in fights all the time; it seemed like every night ended up with one of us holding the other in a half nelson. I'm really happy those days are over. I have facial scars and bad ankles (don't ask) to prove I was young once.

This song reminds me of those parties. We didn't dress nice like these folks though.

For your late night soundtrack, Fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was younger we used to stay at the palm pavilion there in Clear Water periodically. We'd go down for about a weeks or so around Christmas and visit my Grandparents who were snow birds and my Aunt that lives in Tampa. I spent as much time as I could on the pier. Wasn't much to catch that time of year, but it was better than nothing.

When I was younger we used to stay at the palm pavilion there in Clear Water periodically. We'd go down for about a weeks or so around Christmas and visit my Grandparents who were snow birds and my Aunt that lives in Tampa. I spent as much time as I could on the pier. Wasn't much to catch that time of year, but it was better than nothing.

Palm Pavilion is still there. That's a beach landmark. I've played soccer out in front of it with my kids soccer team. Soccer in loose sand is a great exercise!

Gordon Lightfoot made me think of a lot of music I haven't listened to in a long time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXqFFfVpnhQ

He had me at aircraft carrier. :D

Chef, I might have mentioned it before but I truly love your avatar.. Motorcycle pulling a person on snowskies. That looks like a hell of a lot of fun. Wonder it the bike's tires were studded? Pretty good lean going on by the biker.

Kate Bush (who I've *clearly* demonstrated in this thread) is the world's greatest singer has announced her first live performance (absence a few guest appearances) since 1979. Unfortunately, she is only performing at London's Hammersmith Apollo. England. I cannot afford to go to England. I have failed in life.

He had me at aircraft carrier. :D

Chef, I might have mentioned it before but I truly love your avatar.. Motorcycle pulling a person on snowskies. That looks like a hell of a lot of fun. Wonder it the bike's tires were studded? Pretty good lean going on by the biker.

I'm sure they where studded if not spiked, judging from the background I would say it was taken in the 60's sometime and yes that looks like fun, I picked it because of the weather this year and what I would rather be doing and mixed it together.
I have been meaning to change it as I have gotten to ride a bit but I think I will keep a vintage motorcycle theme.

Kate Bush (who I've *clearly* demonstrated in this thread) is the world's greatest singer has announced her first live performance (absence a few guest appearances) since 1979. Unfortunately, she is only performing at London's Hammersmith Apollo. England. I cannot afford to go to England. I have failed in life.

I sincerely think you are being a little too hard on yourself;)

Here's a cover for ya. Something the boys and I recorded in the studio recently. When I say studio I mean the unglamorous kind where you have to pay by the hour and don't even get any free coffee :) My buddy just got a great job and decided to splurge for some time. The guy that owns the place was a homebrewer. Even had some fermentors chugging away when we went in. Cool guy, likes to smoke flavored tobacco out of the hooka. Cracked me up looking in there and seeing him puffin away while he was running the sound booth. Not a bad track. I used triggers to record my drums for the first time. The tom fills came out kind of whack, I wasn't really happy. Everything else sounds ok though. I couldn't afford to chip in much, so it is what it is. I thought the guitar track came out pretty good. My buddy Zack is amazing.

Here's a cover for ya. Something the boys and I recorded in the studio recently. When I say studio I mean the unglamorous kind where you have to pay by the hour and don't even get any free coffee :) My buddy just got a great job and decided to splurge for some time. The guy that owns the place was a homebrewer. Even had some fermentors chugging away when we went in. Cool guy, likes to smoke flavored tobacco out of the hooka. Cracked me up looking in there and seeing him puffin away while he was running the sound booth. Not a bad track. I used triggers to record my drums for the first time. The tom fills came out kind of whack, I wasn't really happy. Everything else sounds ok though. I couldn't afford to chip in much, so it is what it is. I thought the guitar track came out pretty good. My buddy Zack is amazing.

YouTube

That was nice. A very good cover.

I've never shared any of my music with anyone here. So here is a taste. This is one of the only two ballads we ever did. Most of it was much louder and upbeat stuff. But many folks seemed to love this song. So here is the video. I'm the guy playing the second solo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVUkvy32dUk

I've never shared any of my music with anyone here. So here is a taste. This is one of the only two ballads we ever did. Most of it was much louder and upbeat stuff. But many folks seemed to love this song. So here is the video. I'm the guy playing the second solo.

Yeah, that's a solid track man. Great video too. :mug:

Wow it's late. Im at a bar. Really nice little pub. People here yiung enough to be my kids. I sat at a table with people my age and older. They've all left. Time for me to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437P using Home Brew mobile app

YouTube

I'd almost forgotten about that song! Great job :mug:

Well now, you should share some more! Please :)

Last night I picked up 8lbs of strawberries for some strawberry wine. This morning fell asleep at 2:30am. Got up at 6 am. Went to the dentist. Had a tooth extracted, two more reshaped to act as anchors, and a temporary bridge done today. Filled antibiotics and pain prescriptions, came home and varnished my last painting for a friend. On the upside, I have a really good reason not to work an extra day after my 60ish hour week last week.

Last night I picked up 8lbs of strawberries for some strawberry wine. This morning fell asleep at 2:30am. Got up at 6 am. Went to the dentist. Had a tooth extracted, two more reshaped to act as anchors, and a temporary bridge done today. Filled antibiotics and pain prescriptions, came home and varnished my last painting for a friend. On the upside, I have a really good reason not to work an extra day after my 60ish hour week last week.

I hate tooth problems, I feel for you. Just make sure you stay on their good side at work. I've been through a couple downsizing events. It sucks having to pile on the work and sit back and watch your coworkers get picked off groups at a time. Then, one day, you get called to a meeting. Everyone knows what's up, but no one wants to believe it until they actually hear the words. You can always tell who has the most debt at those meetings. They look like we're waiting on the executioner to bring out our lethal injections.

I hope all of your situations improve :mug:

No idea why I posted that. First time I've been to a pub in a few years. Reminds me why I don't go to them. The crowd was really nice though.

Ouch, I hate going to the dentist. Sounds like you deserve a rest day.

I hate tooth problems, I feel for you. Just make sure you stay on their good side at work. I've been through a couple downsizing events. It sucks having to pile on the work and sit back and watch your coworkers get picked off groups at a time. Then, one day, you get called to a meeting. Everyone knows what's up, but no one wants to believe it until they actually hear the words. You can always tell who has the most debt at those meetings. They look like we're waiting on the executioner to bring out our lethal injections.

That sounds terrible! I'm glad that I am my own boss. I am an awful employee though and I am afraid I may have to fire myself pretty soon if I dont shape up;)

I was worried Dan. I am relieved you are home safe from the saloon. It is a dangerous place that I do my best to avoid.

I'm playing poker tonight. It will be a nice group. I will take all of their money because I need it more than they do.

Easy Rider intro.. Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper..

I love the bikes. Ten years ago I had the money and came close to buying a chopper similar to the red white and blue one Peter Fonda rides in this movie. I didn't though. Seem to fake. I did end up getting a brand new Sportser. Black and lots of chrome. I did some work to it. Raked out the front end about five degrees, so maybe 25-26 degrees total. Not a chopper but not far from it either. New handlebars, some carb work, Vance and Hines straight shot exhaust and sme other stuff. On the handlebars all wiring I hid inside the bars. Different front fender, it was from an old "K" model. Badass Harley. I wasn't badass but it sure was. Loved that bike. Now I got a big ol 2003 Fatboy. Nice bike for sure but I do miss that Sportster. Wasn't a crotch rocket for sure, but man it was a fun ride. Got an old man ride now. I'm okay with that.

I was wondering where Bobbi Lynn disappeared to too.

For whatever reason, sometimes I right click my mouse on the thread response number. It shows who has posted and how many posts. Believe me, BobbiLynn still has the most equity in thread post count on this one. I think she is just busy these days, but checks in when she can.

Love you BL. :mug:

Thought she was going on vacation kinda off grid or something

Stauff hasn't checked in for a while, hope he's just work busy

I PM'd Stauff a little bit ago. No reply yet. He said his business had picked up. That's probably what keeps him from here.

Yeah, I kind of fell off the map for a while myself. I didn't have any homebrew there for a couple months either. It was like my whole brew chi life force was drained.

I like this version

I don't know about you folks. Weekends and especially Sundays are when I write here, ramble here the most. A weekday is not out of the question but weekends, Sundays most.

Then again it's Friday night and I seem to be posting a lot.

This thread has a little over 13,500 replies. People have come and gone, some never come back, some come back after a break.

I am a bit worried about Stauff. He's been here for a long time. I think pretty much since this thread started many moons ago. I'm a bit of a worry wort. Mike is a really good guy, we all know that. I'm sure he will be back soon and if he's not.. I'm freaked out. Give us a cheers or something Stauff.

I don't know about you folks. Weekends and especially Sundays are when I write here, ramble here the most. A weekday is not out of the question but weekends, Sundays most.

Then again it's Friday night and I seem to be posting a lot.

This thread has a little over 13,500 replies. People have come and gone, some never come back, some come back after a break.

I am a bit worried about Stauff. He's been here for a long time. I think pretty much since this thread started many moons ago. I'm a bit of a worry wort. Mike is a really good guy, we all know that. I'm sure he will be back soon and if he's not.. I'm freaked out. Give us a cheers or something Stauff.

His last post was not quite two weeks ago. He's probably just on vacation or something. I'm sure he'll pop up. RDWAHAHB. :mug:

Back