Do you have a GE 7.0 or Holiday 7.0 Keezer???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goose1873

Reaction score
I have read mixed reviews on this and the sticky shows 3 kegs on the floor, but for those of you who have a GE 7.0 or Holiday 7.0. Can you fit 4 on the floor???

I want to build a collar but only 4" so I need 4 on the bottom. Thanks

With my GE 7.0 I can only get three on the floor and two on the hump. There is enough space on the floor however for my 10# CO2 tank. I tried and tried to get my cornies to fit. Maybe some brands of kegs are smaller, but mine.....nope.

With my GE 7.0 I can only get three on the floor and two on the hump. There is enough space on the floor however for my 10# CO2 tank. I tried and tried to get my cornies to fit. Maybe some brands of kegs are smaller, but mine.....nope.

How big is your collar to fit two on the hump? I am picking this freezer up today.

I can fit 4 ball locks on the floor of mine. They are definitely snug, meaning that I have to actually push down on the 4th one to get it into place but it does fit without damaging the walls of the freezer.

You would not be able to get 4 pin locks on the floor as they are wider.

I have a collar made out out of a 2x10 on mine and can fit 5 cornies in it (4 on the floor, 1 on the hump).

The Holiday 7cf will fit 4 ball lock cornys on the floor, but you'll have to stand on the 4th one to get it in there, and use a crowbar to get it back out.
However, if you add a 2x10 collar, you can get 3 on the floor, 2 on the hump, and a 20# CO2 tank on the floor.

I have the GE 7cf but use it for fermenting or extra cooling space when not fermenting and works great although it won't fit a sankey front to back :(

I used a 1x10 with mine.

Kegerators.jpg

Is your collar connected to the lid or the base?
I want to try to connect it to the lid so taps, shanks and lines will swing up to make it easier to put kegs in.

I've seen it done both ways. The hinges are pretty substantial, and will try to remove a thumb if you don't put a nail in that little hole...

I've heard reports that the hinges will hold up a collar attached to the lid, though it's a little heaver "action" to open the door.

do you like hamms by chance ;)

LOL.....Last name is Hamm and amazing enough I've been collecting Hamms stuff for years and have never had it. They don't sell it on the east coast. My collar is attached to the lid. The hinges on the freezer are very strong and the lid stays open with no problem.

I have the GE 7.0 with dual hinge, 6" collar and dual body TapRight regulator. Only three ball locks on the floor and I have a five pound CO2 tank on the hump. I might eventually upgrade to a taller collar, but for now I'm happy. The attached pic is just before I put the hinges onto the lid and collar.

mini-20100530_0437.JPG

Mine is the Home Depot model. I haven't put it together yet but it will be a 10" collar. With that kegs will fit on the hump... I've measured it.

As for how many fit on the floor? I'm going with four. I only have two right now so can't actually put four in but everything I've seen and measuring it myself says four will fit snuggly.

Home Depot GE here. It'll fit 3 comfortably on the floor with enough space to keep a growler cold as well (for when I want to fill it up and take homebrew with me to a football game or whatever). Tank on the hump. I could fit a 4th plus the tank on the hump as well. 8" collar mounted to the chest. Door swings off the top. I actually don't want the shanks moving personally.

FWIW, the Magic Chef 7 cu ft chest freezer holds 4 on the floor and 2 on the hump with a collar. There's enough room between the kegs to put all the extra coiled-up beer line down between them. Here is a thread with a full-frontal nakedity shot.

Since this got revived... I can confirm the GE 7.0 from Home Depot holds four on the floor (ball lock) and one on the hump with room to spare for a 10# CO2 bottle. You need a 10" or taller collar to get one on the hump though.

Latest posts

Back