first 10 gal batch!!!! First crush on DYI mill!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67coupe390

Reaction score
Hi,
Went to the LHBS to get the supplies for my first 10 gal. batch of weizenbock(which was great as an extract 5 gal. batch) Sure enough my brew salesman was drinking. I just made a grain mill and wanted to see if he would help me fine tune the crush. He did, but now I need to remake the rollers because it ether destroys the grain or doesn't crush at all. The rollers are made of stainless and were a b@@ch to knurl. I think I need to make them out of of aluminum this time!!! Yuri you out there.LOL Oh well such is life!
Beer guy gives me 4oz hops,20 lbs grain, 6pk of beer, yeast pack, and the three beers I drank at the store for $45.00 with tax what a deal!!!!
Then I'm brewing my first ten gal batch today and then I run out of LP(darn it I'm a DA) But when I go to get I my car my father in law comes by and gives me a 20lb LP tank full!!!! Timing is everything!!!A neighbor of his is going back to charcoal.( good call ). One boil over later and I have a successful brew day!!!! Is this bragging?:mug:

Latest posts

Back