What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some goodies to polish off the night with. Time for some dank-goodness

1401325029160.jpg

It's rather no frills. Make sure you get there when they're open. :D

I'll be brewing at the house. Come through. :fro:

Nice! Wish I had the time but going home to take care of a few things and then back on the road. Heading down to VA for more business related crap. Love how you invite people over to brew. If/When we get to hang, we have to go through a few boxes of ammo! :D

Opened a little experimental pineapple thing I called Pineapple Tinker. Started Dec 10, 2013 and bottled Jan 20, 2014. Crisp. Definite pineapple in the nose and the taste. Champagne bubbles. Dry, but not bone dry. Like a sparkling pineapple cider, but higher ABV. Used a little vanilla bean and untoasted oak in the process. I think it's pretty good. SWMBO gave it a thumbs down.

DSC04847.jpg

Having skeezers' Flanders red. The nose smells like a Flanders red. Slight sourness. It's good but I feel that it is lacking body. I feel it needs more body for a flanders. I like it to be puckering sour.

Nice glass. :D i so rarely use it. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401335829.471932.jpg

Staying in the genre tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Bre

This is good, thanks Evan
View attachment 202332
And I finished the chess table, just have to attach the leaves
View attachment 202333

You a chess player? If so id love to lose a match to you sometime via some virtual chess application.

Even better, lose a match in person over some tired hands. :D cheers.

Edit: p.s.

Nice job on the board it looks great.

You a chess player? If so id love to lose a match to you sometime via some virtual chess application.

Even better, lose a match in person over some tired hands. :D cheers.

Edit: p.s.

Nice job on the board it looks great.

I actually don't play, haha. It's a gift for my brothers wedding next month.

I still need to get some TH to you at some point. I'm a slacker...

Water at work. Friday yet?

Wow after reading quite a few of the many many pages i missed, I'm like a man returning to his favorite local watering hole. Very glad to see many of the regulars that were here when i left, and glad to see the "new" faces around.

Anyway hey hey to everyone. :D and this brew is damn fine.

View attachment 202323

I was really, really underwhelmed by that, which was sad because I'm a huge FW fan. Maybe my pallet was off because I had it at the end of the night. Might need to give it another go

Coffee! I really need to invest in a electric tea kettle so I can make my own again. I hate having to wait until 7 to be able to have a cup.

Coffee...lame.

I just did the math and the blonde I brewed last weekend will be ready just in time to enter into the same HB comp I entered it into last year. The only major difference is that I paid attention to water chemistry this time. The notes I got from the judges last year led me to look into water. I think I'll enter it again to see how it compares to last year (assuming it turns out - I'm a little spooked by how astringent my last beer turned out).

Coffee...black. Blech. Fasting for doc appt./lab work this morning. Cant wait to get back home and make a cup with the Almond Joy creamer I bought yesterday...and maybe a bagel!

Nice! Wish I had the time but going home to take care of a few things and then back on the road. Heading down to VA for more business related crap. Love how you invite people over to brew. If/When we get to hang, we have to go through a few boxes of ammo! :D

I always invite others. Whether they brew, don't brew, or are simply interested in how to brew - they're all invited.

Sanitizing before I have breakfast and start pounding beers.

Second mug of coffee on a 58F morning. gotta hope the Irish red finally got down to FG. looks like it anyway.

That sounds glorious. It was 73 here this morning and very humid. Looks like brew day on Saturday will be a hot one. Brewing an big IRA with chocolate rye.

If I brewed for the seasons here, I'd almost always be brewing a Kolsch. I do have some Fizzy Yellow Beer about to go on the gas. I used Willamette and Cascade this time around. We will see how this turns out. Only got about 4 gallons of it though. When I turned on the hose spigot, apparently that was enough to flip my pump and chiller off of the rack and pour wort all over the porch floor. Doh! Ramble Ramble.

Eh, another Coff.

It's a Jeru and Covid kind of day at the Remmy compound.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back