Mixing Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thetestisover

Reaction score
I've come up with a few concoctions in the past few days.

I've found that Southern Star's Bombshell Blonde mixes well with just about anything. I tried it with Magic Hat's Howl (which rounds out the beer very nicely) and also their Winter Odd Notion (really tames this wild beer); I also found that the pound cake my grandmother made me at Thanksgiving accompanied the Wild Beer/Bombshell concoction wonderfully.

Come up with anything good?

I really need to remind myself to try mixing with my homebrews. People say things like Imperial stout + raspberry lambic is great, but it's also expensive. I don't want to mess around unless I have a surplus.

Well, I haven't had a chance to start homebrewing yet (isn't that what xmas is for? ;)), it gives me a great way to feel like I'm doing something myself.

Anything seems to mix well with Bombshell Blonde... gonna have to grab some Dales Pale Ale and see if they do well. A can concoction..

Guinness and Shock Top looks purty as a half and half...I call it a Candy Corn. :)

Hey, I was bored with the selection at a bar one night and got creative with my ordering. Quite a few people at the bar were asking me about this mix because they separate and contrast well.

I tried St Pauli's Girl and Sammy Smith's Imperial Stout... 3:1

It gave the St Pauli's Girl a wonderful warmth.

Back