Dry hop not clearing in keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpbergie

Reaction score
Ive dry hopped a couple times but my last batch doesnt seem to be clearing as well. I dry hopped with 1 oz of Cascade Pellets, in the primary, and let it sit for about 2 weeks.

I racked to a keg and its been sitting at 40 degrees for about 2 more weeks. Pulled a couple pints to see how its coming along, and there are hop particles in the cup. I expected this for the the first 2 pints or so, but it seems to be lingering.

Will they eventually settle out? I did agitate the keg a little when i tapped it, but ive never had this problem before. Would a fining agent like geletin pull the hops down?

how did you dry hop it? I dry hopped my Stone IPA clone in the keg by putting an ounce of Centennial in a sanitized stainless herb ball like this. No floaties. Just crystal clear nectar of the gods.

kkapers2_1960_12432104

I just dumped the pellets into the carboy, and must have racked some of them into the keg. I didn't purposely transfer the hops to the keg, but i guess they didnt all settle out of the primary.

Back