Heat exchange question with keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roger76s

Reaction score
I purchased the ge 7 cubic foot chest freezer (Fcm7suww) and will be converting it to a coffin keezer. I am going to cover the outside with paneling and trim. I am worried about heat exchange not taking place efficiently. The compressor is open in the back and there is a vent on the side. I plan on keeping both of these open. Do I need to setup a fan that moves air around the walls of the freezer and the paneling as well? Like Jester369 did here?

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/keezer-project-31221/index3.html

7674-DollyBase.jpg

7674-DollyBaseB.jpg

I may have posted this in the wrong forum. I will post in DIY if that is more appropriate. Sorry.

Hi

The flavor of the week must be duplicate threads...:cross:

As I mentioned in the duplicate of this thread:

Freezers get hot on the outside walls. Plug in yours and let it run for maybe a half hour. A quick feel here / feel there will tell you where the important places to cool are. That's not to say the rest of the walls need no cooling, just that there are places that need extra attention. I'd put dedicate a computer fan to each major hot area. There are likely only one or two of them.

Bob

Back