Hefewezein Yeast with Tripel Grain Bill?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

permo

Reaction score
I have a pile of washed hefeweizen yeast (kellerweis) and I am trying to find new and unique ways to use it. The thought of a pilse/sugar grain bill, higher OG (1.070) and 30 IBU at the begining of the boil with a very low and long mash kind of intrigues me.

I would hate to waste a ton of ingredients and I always have chimay yeast on hand....has anybody every used hefe yeast for something like this?

Make a split batch! Use chimay on 2.5 gal and then the wit yeast on the other 2.5! Taste the difference in the beers, then build your experience from there!

Make a split batch! Use chimay on 2.5 gal and then the wit yeast on the other 2.5! Taste the difference in the beers, then build your experience from there!

I do 10 gallons at a time, so that would make sense. Split between two smaller fermenters. I could add oats and wheat to the grainbill as well I suppose. Could be tasty.

Back