What thermometer for smoker?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONNYROTTEN

Reaction score
What thermometer does everyone use to smoke meat.It looks like a lot of reviews online use a Maverick wireless.Looks like there are a few different models.Any other ones to concider? Using it on a weber smokey mountain

I'm getting set for my build and planning to use the et-733. Good reviews from smoking meat forums and good price. Inexpensive probes too. I've got the pieces for a 4'x2' reverse flow in my garage. Just need to spend some time with the welder now.

I'm using the Thermoworks Dot. I hang the probe through the top vent of smoker when I have fish hanging on hooks. I lay the probe on top racks of ribs with the tip raised off the meat by using folded aluminum foil.

The Dot also works very well for the grilling.

Do yourself a favor and get wireless so you don't have to hover around the bbq all the time. Wish I would have lol.

I use the iGrill2, like it a lot. I hang out on the Big Green Egg forum. Mavericks get trashed there. It really comes down to how well you treat the thermometer. If you mistreat it, it will break on you.

When I use a thermometer I use a Mav. I also have an iGrill. But I rarely use either anymore - I have a WSM and just set it and forget it. Perfect BBQ every time

Back