Any fans of the SciFi series "FireFly"?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome, they can keep Dr. Michio Kaku though.

Any scifi fans should watch this series, it's very cool, the wild west in space.

_

AWESOME! But it probably can't compare to my Blueray set...

I think Fox needs a swift and firm kick in the nuts for ever canceling that show. Worst Decision EVER!

I've got the series and the movie on DVD, but I'm holding out for the slim chance of resuming the series!!!!!

Hey, it's my delusional psychosis, and I like it that way!!!!!

One would have to be crazy not to love a libertarian western in space.

That is my favorite show of all time. I'm certainly holding onto my hopes of the show returning.

Two words, Summer and Glau.

river-tam.jpg

Nuff said actually....

Except maybe "yum."

Kaylee was SOOO tasty in that show! How hot is a gorgeous SPACESHIP MECHANIC!??

And I'm not knocking Summer Glau, nor Morena Baccarin either.

Unfortunately they would have to leave Wash off the show, you know...

Kaylee was SOOO tasty in that show! How hot is a gorgeous SPACESHIP MECHANIC!??

And I'm not knocking Summer Glau, nor Morena Baccarin either.

Unfortunately they would have to leave Wash off the show, you know...

Nah, they just have to pull the old "alternate timeline" trick. They could bring back Detective Harris that way too.

If you hear any squeeing sounds coming from up north, that would be me, my wife, and our live-in-friend having multiple nerdvana moments.

Wash and Book are dead, the Alliance should be shattered, I think anything they do, it would nice to see the War and Mal and Zoe's place in it.

I want new episodes though, I've seen all the old ones so many times I know most of it by heart.

Wash and Book are dead, the Alliance should be shattered, I think anything they do, it would nice to see the War and Mal and Zoe's place in it.

I want new episodes though, I've seen all the old ones so many times I know most of it by heart.

Right on. I would like to find out more about Book though. His prior life is an interesting mystery. Flashbacks are generally cliche'd, but I would be happy if they happened to meet someone who knew Book and could tell a tale about him.

And of course River would have to have her "moments" where she goes completely insane and kicks major butt all over the place...

And maybe if Serenity were to happen to get into trouble and in danger of being destroyed...

And maybe Mal could walk in on Inara being a companion to another girl...

And Jayne shoots up a bunch of stuff and acts all tough...

Damn, I think I might have to bust out the DVDs tonight!

I'm a pretty big fan, but I think part of the reason it was so good is that it was so limited. We never had to see the show go past its prime. and were always left wanting more. Any new episodes would be so overhyped that I don't think they could ever match expectations.

Well, I'd heard about this show, finally decided to download it yesterday. It's great! I'm on Episode 5 now.

Right on. I would like to find out more about Book though. His prior life is an interesting mystery. Flashbacks are generally cliche'd, but I would be happy if they happened to meet someone who knew Book and could tell a tale about him.

And of course River would have to have her "moments" where she goes completely insane and kicks major butt all over the place...

And maybe if Serenity were to happen to get into trouble and in danger of being destroyed...

And maybe Mal could walk in on Inara being a companion to another girl...

And Jayne shoots up a bunch of stuff and acts all tough...

Damn, I think I might have to bust out the DVDs tonight!

We almost got to see Inara with another girl, but then Inara caught on. Christina Hendricks played Saffron well. That would have been sweet.

Book is the man, I assumed he was an operative after the introduction of that character in Serenity. It would be nice to have confirmation, but I thought they heavily paralleled the characters lives.

I'm a pretty big fan, but I think part of the reason it was so good is that it was so limited. We never had to see the show go past its prime. and were always left wanting more. Any new episodes would be so overhyped that I don't think they could ever match expectations.

I thought the same thing about Futurama, but that's back and better than ever.

They could ruin it by bringing it back, sure, but then I could just be an elitist within the elitist and claim to like "Old Firefly, this new stuff is for kids.", or whatever it might be.

Have looked at this on my netflix instant many times but never knew anything about it. Might have to give it a shot. Just finished watching Eureka, so the g/f and I need a new show to watch.

Squeee!!!

I'm a huge fan, and will probably have to scour the interwebs for the torrents once it airs because no way I'm forking over extra $$$ to (Evil Cable Empire) to get the science channel.

I'm very excited to see what they do with these episodes, I think a prequel would be a cool idea (and it would be fun to see River Tam and Kaylee again - I would love some back story on Kaylee)

Squeee!!!

I'm a huge fan, and will probably have to scour the interwebs for the torrents once it airs because no way I'm forking over extra $$$ to (Evil Cable Empire) to get the science channel.

I'm very excited to see what they do with these episodes, I think a prequel would be a cool idea (and it would be fun to see River Tam and Kaylee again - I would love some back story on Kaylee)

The headline was a bit of a tease. I don't think there are new episodes, they're just showing what we've already seen.

It would be neat to see it come back, but some of the main characters have steady work:
"Mal" on Castle
"Jane" on Chuck
"Inara" on V

Yeah and River is on The Cape, although I expect that will be canceled shortly...

Shoot, I was going to check that out. That bad, huh? I think Glau does a tremendous job as River Tam. I haven't checked out much since Terminator, which was actually not too bad, and her character was real good IMO.

Shoot, I was going to check that out. That bad, huh? I think Glau does a tremendous job as River Tam. I haven't checked out much since Terminator, which was actually not too bad, and her character was real good IMO.

Summer Glau is a pretty good character actress, and she's nice to look at (and hey, I'm a female admitting this). However, she has really managed to get herself pigeonholed into playing certain "types". I think her role on The Cape is like a version of her character on Sarah Connor Chronicles, except not a cyborg ;)

Back