Pump for transferring wart?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awdbandito

Reaction score
I just realized my spelling issue on the title - don't hate.

I've searched around and have seen many people using pumps, but no discussion on what pumps people are using.

I will be using a pump to transfer my wort into the boilpot and for transferring the cooled wort into my fermenters. Does anybody have any recommendations for types/brands of pumps that they are using just so I go with something that is "tried and true"

I have been running 5 gal All Grain batches using gravity but am moving up to 20 gal batches now.

Thanks for the info, I'm looking around and find various suppliers.
Anybody know of the best price/source?

Brewmaster's Warehouse isn't too bad, that's where I bought mine. A little cheaper than the other homebrew suppliers, although yeah - you may be able to save a couple bucks on eBay.

Be careful when you're buying, some come with a plug, some come without one (fine if it's going to be hardwired or if you're comfortable adding a plug yourself). Some have a center inlet, some have the inlet on the side; may or may not matter, depending on your setup. Center-inlet ones tend (from what I have seen) to be marginally cheaper.

Back