Beer It Forward

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was me! Wowzers I got hooked the hell up! Honestly, I don't know what I did to deserve such generosity but you don't know how awesome it was to come home for a bite between jobs to find a mystery box. I've been going through some personal stuff and it truely lifted my spirits. Thank you so much Jeremy. You really can't imagine how much this meant to me. Thank you!
Now for the goodies:
Lazy Magnolia: timber beast, jeff stout, hops' pitality
Straight to ale: monkeynaut
Southern Prohibition: devil's harvest
LA 31: biere noire
Pointcity-homebrew: caribou slobbee
Cool pint glass
And a coozy from crooked letter brewing
I can't wait to drink everything, and will let you know what I think of your homebrew.
Thanks a ton!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Home Brew mobile app

1395347722352.jpg

The pleasure was mine, I am glad the pint glass made it without incident. I am also glad I was able to brighten your day a bit. Please don't be too excited about my brew like I said it was/is my first batch ever. I think it is good, but I am biased.

Enjoy
Jeremy

Don't be so hard on yourself. Infact, my first batch is still my favorite of my homebrews. But feedback is surely helpful for the next. Regardless, I can't wait!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Home Brew mobile app

Guys,

I was floored to come home from work last night to find a completely unexpected package of beer, both commercial and homebrew, waiting for me. I am very blown away that a complete stranger would do something so awesome. I had left work in a bad mood as the company is talking about "employee adjustments" and this package really helped to brighten my mood.

Joe, thank you so much! I really appreciate what you did! I'm looking forward to trying all the beer that you sent. I also have to say that you are a pro at packaging - seriously, probably the best packing job I've ever seen.

How does this work? I'd like to return the favor an un-expecting member?

Thanks

Paul

unnamed.jpg

Paul,
You are very welcome. I'm happy i could brighten your day. i used seekabrew and it didn't list your area for the commercial offerings so i hope they are new to you.. as for how it works just read the first page. that'll give you a good idea. also if you need addresses i have a list of people or you could try mcbaumannerb and finsfan as both are like myself.. very active in this tread.
again enjoy your beers.
joe

I am inheritantly, a jaded, bitter person. This thread always makes me believe in my fellow man. May this thread not just survive, but thrive in the manner it has thus far. Congratulations to everyone who makes this thread a success.

Very Well Stated :mug:

I've been BIF'd. Unfortunately, there was no note in the box, so not sure who to thank for these.

Now I can take modern times off my 'need to try list' and fresh Pliny is always welcome. Whoever lives near South Gate, CA, a sincere Thank You!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395799175.011199.jpg

I've been BIF'd. Unfortunately, there was no note in the box, so not sure who to thank for these.

Now I can take modern times off my 'need to try list' and fresh Pliny is always welcome. Whoever lives near South Gate, CA, a sincere Thank You!

View attachment 188578

I am glad they made it safely. Modern times has become my new local fav and I hope you enjoy them. A west coast package just wouldn't be right without a fresh Pliny. I hope you enjoy them. Just as much as all the members you have so generously traded with.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I am glad they made it safely. Modern times has become my new local fav and I hope you enjoy them. A west coast package just wouldn't be right without a fresh Pliny. I hope you enjoy them. Just as much as all the members you have so generously traded with.

And now I know who they came from. Thanks for the package val. Pliny is rare around here, so always welcome. Modern Times has been on my eMAW list, so glad to get some.

I'll be looking for another name to send out a bif next week if anyone has one to give. I'm in NY... first come first served :)

I will be smiling tomorrow, getting some stuff from Wisconsin( from my cousin) tomorrow and 2 sixers of Nugget Nectar in a trade. And Saturday my brew club is hosting a beer tasting. Going to be a good weekend

Sounds fantastic :). Love this thread, always brightens up my day. Always a lot of good news and positivity in a seemingly predominantly negative world.

A good egg is the greatest compliment!
Enjoy your Sunday all...off to the Dakota jazz club to see Alejandro escovido.....having a homebrew with the gal.
LIG

Be on the look out for a package today if you recognize the photo below

Hey look, it's Kaboom, the mascot of the Lancaster Jethawks. I'm truly humbled. I didn't even know about this thread and this surprise package lands on my doorstep today. Thank you so much Jeremy, these are all completely new to me and I'm stoked to try all of them.

Yazoo - Sue, Sly Rye Porter
Straight to Ale - Hellfire, Monkeynaut
Lazy Magnolia - Southern Pecan
Southern Prohibition - MS Fire Ant
Pointcity Homebrew - Caribou Slobber - I'll let you know what I think as soon as I try it!

Also stickers from Southern Prohibition and Raise Your Pints which will be going on my ferm fridge momentarily.

Again, thank you so much Jeremy, I had been having a rough day and this absolutely turned that around! Finsfan, as soon as I get restocked with some local stuff I'll be hitting you up for a target to BIF!

20140331_165905.jpg

Hey look, it's Kaboom, the mascot of the Lancaster Jethawks. I'm truly humbled. I didn't even know about this thread and this surprise package lands on my doorstep today. Thank you so much Jeremy, these are all completely new to me and I'm stoked to try all of them.

Pointcity Homebrew - Caribou Slobber - I'll let you know what I think as soon as I try it!

Also stickers from Southern Prohibition and Raise Your Pints which will be going on my ferm fridge momentarily.

Again, thank you so much Jeremy, I had been having a rough day and this absolutely turned that around! Finsfan, as soon as I get restocked with some local stuff I'll be hitting you up for a target to BIF!

No need at all! I really just like seeing other deserving members get porch bombed when they least expect it. Especially when it makes their day better! Youve hooking up others here and that doesnt go unnoticed. :mug:

Plus, I didnt even send you any beer!

No need at all! I really just like seeing other deserving members get porch bombed when they least expect it. Especially when it makes their day better! Youve hooking up others here and that doesnt go unnoticed. :mug:

Plus, I didnt even send you any beer!

You seem to be the keeper of the addresses. I'm sure you've got a list of deserving people.

You are most welcome. I have enjoyed sending these packages out. I hope you enjoy everything I tried to stay as local as possible, MS AL and TN. Be sure to help keep the BIF alive.

Jeremy

You seem to be the keeper of the addresses. I'm sure you've got a list of deserving people.

Yep. I started saving addresses from trades and also try to get everyone's address who has sent out a BIF or went overboard on a trade. Let me know if you want one :D

Back