unorthodox priming question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_sloth

Reaction score
I am looking to add a maraschino cherry to each bottle individually when I transfer my next batch to bottles.
I ordinarily like my beers slightly under carbed, I use 2/3c dextrose to prime my usual batches. The label on the cherries say there is 2 grams of sugar per cherry, I assume that does not include the syrup. How would I figure out what kind of carbonation I will get by adding just the cherry to the bottle. I certainly do not want these to begin exploding.

Thanks in advance........

Unless your yeast come equipped with drills, I don't see how they'd get to ~90% of the sugar within the cherry. I'd be inclined to discount their sugar contribution...

Cheers!

i've heard of people trying dry hopping pellets in the bottle never thought a cherry or such, be interested to see how this works, doing a cherry wheat?

how about this, mix up some yeast (baker's or whatever) and water, add equal amounts to a few bottles. put your normal amount of carbing sugar in a couple, and different amounts of cherries in others, do a few replicates for each treatment, cap each with a balloon, put them in a warm place and watch. compare inflation. you could use a shedload of yeast and have them very warm, you just want to ferment everything out asap. i don't know... maybe i'm typing faster than thinking

Latest posts

Back