Kegging newb, got some equipment, what else needed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkov

Reaction score
hey, i got some kegging equipment for cheap which i know nothing about except i want to have atleast 2 different kegs on tap at a time. Ill probably get a sanyo4912 but what else does it look like I'll need and about how much will it cost me? Here are some pictures of what i got

4 of these cornys:
100_0845.jpg

Large nitro tank:
100_0843.jpg

100_0844.jpg

100_0846.jpg

the last picture is a pair of sanke style keg couplers(worth 30-40 new)
the faucet that is brass with a black tip is either a creamer or stout faucet(anywhere from 30-110)

for a 2 tap system you'll need
faucets of choice (i like the forward sealing perlick or ventmatic)
shanks(2) long enough to go thru whatever fridge wall you decide to use
if you go with the 4912 as a tower system when you buy a tower they sell the shank,tailpieces, washers and beernuts in a single unit
washers(2)
tailpieces(2)
beernuts(2)
beerline 6-10ft is good length to start with for 2 lines
liquid out post (2) your kegs look like ball lock
2 gas in post connectors
splitter valve for the gas line for 1-2 lines out

so this is going to end up costing a lot more isnt it? about $220 for the sanyo4912, atleast $100 for the dual tower, plus all the other things

damn man.. that camera is awful ha ha ha. is it a camera phone??

sorry that my pic is almost as bad as yours.

keg.bmp

it is hard for me to figure out exactly what you have in the pics.

1. you need hoses i think. i see you have some but i am not sure if it is gas or liquid. i think they are 60 cents a foot.

2. i think for need disconnects for the kegs. $5 each give or take.

3. you probably want to redo all the seals on your kegs unless they are new. I do not remember the price on rebuild kits. $5 each?

4. You need a shank.

I would sell those sanske keg taps unless you plan to use them. I got $20 for one of mine the other day.

as far as a fridge i would build a keezer. That is a deep freeze that you turn into a kegerator. they are pretty easy and you can easily get real fancy with them. just buy a freezer on craigslist and install a temp controller.

looks like its going to cost $175 + $220 about $400 with all the things i already have (sanyo4912 is $220)

Latest posts

Back