Force carbings impact on dry hop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdawson9

Reaction score
Just read AHA's Q and A with Mitch Steele of Stone. When answering one question he says that force carbing can undermine the aroma from dry hopping. Thoughts or validations? I'm about to drop hop an IPA and kegging and force carb to get it drinkable on turkey day but now I'm second guessing that! Help!

Im drinking an ipa right now that was full of hop aromas when i first kegged it, now im about half way through, and its not nearly as hoppy flavorful or aroma as it was the first quarter keg. I dont even like it anymore. I have no idea why, maybe all the hoppyness sunk to the bottom?

snowtires said:
Im drinking an ipa right now that was full of hop aromas when i first kegged it, now im about half way through, and its not nearly as hoppy flavorful or aroma as it was the first quarter keg. I dont even like it anymore. I have no idea why, maybe all the hoppyness sunk to the bottom?

How long between having the aroma and losing it?

About 1 day. Its either that or i bought a 6 pack of red racer ipa and it maybe ruined my senses?

Back