Bubbles when going to bottle bucket???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tobrew

Reaction score
When I racked over to bottling bucket tonight there were alot of small bubbles in the sipohining tube. Also when I did a gravity check on the 30th of Jan. there were small bubbles in the sample I pulled out, almost like it was carbonated. The sample and the pint I had tonight tased fine. Are the bubbles asign of oxidation???
ToBrew

Those small bubbles are carbonation. After fermentation there is some dissolved CO2 in suspension, the agitation from racking makes the CO2 come out of suspension and you see it as tiny bubbles.
They are a good thing. Big bubbles are a bad thing, usually from a bad connection between your hose and racking cane.

I think your fine. Could be some air being pulled in from one of your connections. I have had this happen almost evey time and the beers been great.

But I'm a noob so one of the sages may say something different.

no... I would guess carbonation... once the yeast starts working there is always dissolved CO2.

Tasted good? relax! Wait your month, chill and enjoy!

Back