What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still needs more carbonation...

image-3897801479.jpg

Cracking this Summer Saison from Green Flash. Found it in a sketchy shop down south and I'm hoping it's just a limited distro label, not an ancient one

Update: This is ancient. And disgusting.the head disappeared pretty much immediately and tastes of lightly spiced, skunky BMC. Yum. Pretty sure I unknowingly got fleeced for a year old saison at a terrible roadside liquor shop in Pismo haha

SWMBO got me Dogfish 61 minute. Supposedly it's the 60 that gets fermented on to of syrah must. It's interesting to say the least. I've never had a beer with this color before. Maybe I'll post a pic tomorrow

Hey Wes and Disturbed. ....I am heading back to Houston on the 29th and then going to the LSU vs TCU game in Dallas that Saturday. Is Petrol better than the Saucer? My buddy down there say the Saucer is better?

Saucer has more taps and is a must see but I like petrol for the food and atmosphere (probably sitting outside) and usually has rarely or specially beers. Either or. You cant do no wrong

Tea. Going berry pickin. Miseed out on wild blackberries this year and thought I'd missed blueberries, too.

Heres my setup,
and here is one of my brews, Dortmunder 10%.
It's alittle cloud but it will clear up.
The work bench is a 4 keg cooler I made using a old refigeration unit and a digital temp. controller.

ricks cell phone 021413 525.jpg

dortmunder10% 080113.jpg

j1laskey said:
Hey Wes and Disturbed. ....I am heading back to Houston on the 29th and then going to the LSU vs TCU game in Dallas that Saturday. Is Petrol better than the Saucer? My buddy down there say the Saucer is better?

DisturbdChemist said:
Saucer has more taps and is a must see but I like petrol for the food and atmosphere (probably sitting outside) and usually has rarely or specially beers. Either or. You cant do no wrong

I agree.

DisturbdChemist said:
Having a specially beer. Celebrating the life of my grandpa. Lost the battle this morning. Im glad me and my bro saw him last night. Love you papa

Sorry to hear that man.

I just went to the flying saucer in KC and it was incredible, 225 craft beers on hand, not all on tap but they have a lot of the more expensive stuff in bottles, almost had an unearthed for $13 but i couldnt do it haha bells two hearted and a flight instead

Where are they from? I would like to get my hand on that Resin too. :cross:

Heady = Northern VT.

Gandhi = Connecticut.

Resin = NYC (available in the entire Northeast, for that matter).

Just got to the hotel after a very long night at work. Having a Modelo, while thinking about what I'm gonna have for lunch.

Next time I head back home to Maine I'll have to look for them, or have someone bring some down when they come.

You'll likely find Resin in Maine. The Gandhi is on the ride up (off of Rt. 15 in CT which runs sort of parallel to I-95 in some parts). As for Heady, that's out of the way, but you can get it if you really want to. Long-ass ride.

At the gym right now. I need a drink for sure. I'm brewing a kit hefe later and can't wait also bought a new kegerator. Hey, does anyone have any advice for a newbie when it comes to kegging? Everyone seems to have all sorts of different ways. I'm just looking for the most user friendly way possible!

At the gym right now. I need a drink for sure. I'm brewing a kit hefe later and can't wait also bought a new kegerator. Hey, does anyone have any advice for a newbie when it comes to kegging? Everyone seems to have all sorts of different ways. I'm just looking for the most user friendly way possible!

When I keg I put it on 30 psi for a week then turn it down to 8 to 6 psi depends how carbonated you want it hope this helps. Cheers

No, but I have some gym advice for you! :rockin::ban: Drinking my last glass of water before I head to the gym in a few minutes. Leg day...20-rep squat aka the Widowmaker. I am never able to walk up or down the stairs on Wednesdays.

Trader Joe's Providential Belgian Style Golden Ale

This beer is fantastic now, I've been drinking about 1 per month and in my opinion it is at its absolute best now.

beer_195065.jpg

drank these last night, Found the avery 20 IPA on sale for 5.99 is this a good price? also had a loose cannon IPA remmy sent, great brew!

2013-08-06 21.09.39.jpg

2013-08-06 23.40.09.jpg

When I keg I put it on 30 psi for a week then turn it down to 8 to 6 psi depends how carbonated you want it hope this helps. Cheers

I do very similar except I only do 30 psi for 2-3 days before dropping to 10 psi. You will want to google a psi chart that tells you what psi you need at what temperature to get the correct volume of co2 into the beer.

Back