Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't know it could be both smooth and pleasantly smooth in the same sentence either. :smack:

Apparently the copy writer was sampling the pleasant boozy smoothness of it while writing. (And it should be "pleasantly smoothly.")

is Ireland really the best place for an alcohol-averse sea monster to attack?

Actually they are in the top ten lowest crime rates in the world. So they would never see it coming.
Then again the cops don't have much to do, so maybe they will react quickly.

But all the pubs shut half eleven, so if it is after midnight, no-one would know.

is Ireland really the best place for an alcohol-averse sea monster to attack?

Actually they are in the top ten lowest crime rates in the world. So they would never see it coming.

But all the pubs shut half eleven, so if it is after midnight, no-one would know.

Hey don't ruin the stereotype, I feel like a kid who was just told santa isn't real

Dublin post. Oops, i mean double post.

Due to budget cuts, he is that creepy unwashed homeless guy off of the street who eyeballs you like he knows something you don't. And he does. They tried to make Cupid pull double duty but you know how unions can be.

Due to budget cuts, he is that creepy unwashed homeless guy off of the street who eyeballs you like he knows something you don't. And he does. They tried to make Cupid pull double duty but you know how unions can be.

I thought cupid was working overtime as the stork?

Yeah,he frequents back alley's with Aqualung.;)

One of you t(r)echies should Photoshop Koch's face on Captain Kirk's body.

Not my best work... but I'm at work so all I have is MS paint.

kirk.jpg

brewguyver said:
That explains why kids these days are so dumb. Cupid has butterfingers.

[edit: and by kids I mean early twentysomethings]

Hey im 26..does that qualify me as a mid/late 20something? Im only slightly stoopid. Ok maybe more than slightly.

finsfan said:
Hey dont throw us all under the bus. Maybe its an East Coast thing :D

Was that a stab at New York?!?!?!

Haha. I was trying to defend my peers as a whole but also be honest about myself! I hope the slight stupidity i suffer from is localized completely within me and no one else suffers. :D

Was that a stab at New York?!?!?!

Haha. I was trying to defend my peers as a whole but also be honest about myself! I hope the slight stupidity i suffer from is localized completely within me and no one else suffers. :D

Nope, its not the agre range. It appears to span all age ranges. I think it is something in the water. Maybe hops or unfiltered yeast neutralize it or something

Well, actually (oh yeah, I went there!) of 118 countries, Ireland has the 54th largest crime rate.

http://www.numbeo.com/crime/rankings_by_country.jsp

Ireland is also ranked 15th in the world for alcohol consumption per capita.

Hey im 26..does that qualify me as a mid/late 20something? Im only slightly stoopid. Ok maybe more than slightly.

You are still alive so you are only half stupid. :p

In all seriousness shortly after I turned 32 I looked back at what I used to do in my 20's and really wondered how I never got seriously hurt or stranded out off the beaten track. :mug:

fuzzy2133 said:
You are still alive so you are only half stupid. :p

In all seriousness shortly after I turned 32 I looked back at what I used to do in my 20's and really wondered how I never got seriously hurt or stranded out off the beaten track. :mug:

There's a bit of a work ethic thing I've encountered with folks who had helicopter parents and never had to be self sufficient growing up. Leaves a giant opportunity (and way too much work) for the folks who are motivated.

Thankfully most of the motivated folks make damn good beer! (See what I did there)?

There's a bit of a work ethic thing I've encountered with folks who had helicopter parents and never had to be self sufficient growing up. Leaves a giant opportunity (and way too much work) for the folks who are motivated.

Thankfully most of the motivated folks make damn good beer! (See what I did there)?

So your beer tastes like ass?

J/k man, don't know you well enough to validate that comment :p

Back