force carb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ribbon

Reaction score
ok. I have looked around for this and haven't found a straight answer. Is there a way to force carb then bottle? For a long period of time. I hear of people force carbing from kegs and bottling... nothing about how long it lasts though.

I've left beers done with the above link and kept them in the fridge for months will no ell effects at all. The bottles still had the same carbonation as they had on tap and tasted the same as the day they were put in the bottles. The important part I think is to leave the bottles cold after you have filled them. I bottled some brew to kill a keg back in the summer and put the bottles on the shelf in my basement. Went to put one in the fridge last week and noticed about an 1/8 inch of stuff on the bottom (inside) of the bottle. Yeast is a really hard to kill critter..... 2 week primary, 2 week secondary, cold crash, gelatin, and about 2 months in the kegerator and there was still some viable yeast in the beer. Beer was fine, but I had to do the old 'bottle condition' pour.

Back