What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jameson and mountain dew. Wish it was jack and coke.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408585552.098349.jpg

Sample of my gose. Finished at 1.005 and blew the lid off. Big body, bigger abv than i want. 7% Changed brew styles biab to 3 vessel. Wish it was more tart but its still nice and refreshing. Cant wait till this is carbed

1408585526861.jpg

1408585539624.jpg

Sipping on some organic tequila my mom brought me from the motherland Cheers!!! ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408585896.734166.jpg and yes that is my bottling bucket being used as a tv stand. I usually use my ferm chamber but I can't when it's actually running it makes the colors on the tv go all weird

Got two new batches that started fermenting within 3hours of pitching the yeast :) must be some happy campers. Left is honey pilsner and right is German hefeweizen with molasses added at flameout

Got two new batches that started fermenting within 3hours of pitching the yeast :) must be some happy campers. Left is honey pilsner and right is German hefeweizen with molasses added at flameout :)

1408588209885.jpg

That's what I'm saying. I explained it this way to my wife: "even if the job doesn't work out, I get a paid sick day from work, another day's worth of pay, and I get a brew day out of it". She called me a horrible person.

Drinking iced tea. Some strawberry oolong thing from Teavana. It's not my favorite.

And thanks for the well wishes everyone. As long as I'm not thrown to the wolves on unfamiliar equipment I think I'll be just fine.

Best of luck man!! All the people I know in the business say the brewing is the easy part. From what you've posted I can tell your knowledge is more than sufficient to land this one.

Fourth pour off my honey/lemon/ginger ale. It's only 8 days kegged/gelatined so it's tasting lil' green still, but carb'd and drinkable.. Plus it's all I have on tap currently.

20140820_203001.jpg

Awesome! Where'd you kidnap, I mean meet this gal?

Internet-ish dating. Was playing around on Tinder (what a fun game of hot or not where your prize for being purdy can be to meet the person) and we seemed to hit it off. Wasn't even aware she enjoyed beer until the date. Hopefully I didnt get myself in trouble, some people seem ashamed of meeting people via electronic means (and I am not referring to tasers and duct tape as electronic means).

Qhrumphf, whatever else happens, enjoy the heck out of your professional brew day. Best of luck.

Coffee. Today may end up being a Sh*t show, we got people playing around with things that are probably going to cause headaches all day. Why the heck can't people do maintenance like this on weekends, or at least friday evenings?

Internet-ish dating. Was playing around on Tinder (what a fun game of hot or not where your prize for being purdy can be to meet the person) and we seemed to hit it off. Wasn't even aware she enjoyed beer until the date. Hopefully I didnt get myself in trouble, some people seem ashamed of meeting people via electronic means (and I am not referring to tasers and duct tape as electronic means).

Qhrumphf, whatever else happens, enjoy the heck out of your professional brew day. Best of luck.

Coffee. Today may end up being a Sh*t show, we got people playing around with things that are probably going to cause headaches all day. Why the heck can't people do maintenance like this on weekends, or at least friday evenings?
hahah Tinder is that? I never knew but I've heard it mentioned. That is definitely no site for a girl like me because I would not win prizes!

That is awesome though that she likes beer. Brewing being a hobby of mine, it comes up pretty much instantly in conversation. Maybe you can relate to some degree.

You should ask her over to brew with you. ;)

Doing some Porters tonight. Nailed em both (score wise and flavor descriptor wise) based on Gordon Strong's sample sheet on the BJCP site. I'll be going ESBs/English Pales next.

I think I might just have this exam under control.

I'll be making an early night of it though. Tomorrow I'm doing a trial run (IE a paid brew day on a pilot system) for that brewing job. I get the impression that this is into the "vetting" stage. As in, if I don't f*** this up, I just might have the job. And I want to make sure I'm working on a good night's sleep.
I missed this. :eek: That is amazing and I agree that this is the vetting process. Nicely done! Following what you've posted it looked like they're slow on the upswing of making the hiring process go fast but it sure looks like your patience may have paid off.
Hey...wondering where you wuz! Sorry you're sick. Respiratory infections ain't no joke. How's that tepache doing? There's probably enough penicillin in there to fix you right up!

About to go make a selection from the fridge.
Well you of all people know how to find me. :)
I haven't touched the tepache. I think I'll try to put it in the fridge today and hope it is okay. I came down with the sore throat Friday, had what I thought was a great night that turned into a very crappy (read emotional) Saturday...then bottled beer on Sunday before my poor friend got more annoyed at my lagging (this is the brew we did on July 5th) and by Sunday night I was worse. Waiting for the doctor to open today because I am worse today. I thought I'd be better but I am not. Looks like I'm missing my normal beer Thursday today. :( At this point I'd give anything to be able to walk 10 feet without literally panting and feeling weak.

I need to get some bottles together for you. Do you want a near full case of what I consider to be a failed Amber beer? Those were going down the drain anyway. You can take those and dump them, rinse them and have them. Email or text, let me know.

/random whiny poor is me rant over.

Oh I'm drinking some AdvantEDGE protein drink and coffee.

hahah Tinder is that? I never knew but I've heard it mentioned. That is definitely no site for a girl like me because I would not win prizes!

That is awesome though that she likes beer. Brewing being a hobby of mine, it comes up pretty much instantly in conversation. Maybe you can relate to some degree.

You should ask her over to brew with you. ;)

Naah, it is quite fun. Sometimes I do not even want to win prizes because the game is so much fun. Its pictures and a short profile much like any other dating site. There are all types on there and appearance isnt everything. I will admit appearance does weign in on if I think they are someone I may want to meet, but if a profile is there I will read it because, you know personality matters. And if I recall correctly, you have posted a picture of yourself on here before and aren't hard on the eyes at all so quit being so modest.

I am definitely the same way, I tried to dampen down my enthusiasm and straight out told her that she should tell me to shut up or let her know if I got out of control talking about beers and such.

I think I am going to give it a couple more dates before I invite her over. Maybe I will see about setting up a AE brew for if she wants to go that route down the line. A full AG day may be too much.

I think I am going to give it a couple more dates before I invite her over. Maybe I will see about setting up a AE brew for if she wants to go that route down the line. A full AG day may be too much.

Don't go soft on us now. Put her to the test with a multiple decoction all grain batch and see how she holds up. If she fails, kick her to the curb. ;)

Naah, it is quite fun. Sometimes I do not even want to win prizes because the game is so much fun. Its pictures and a short profile much like any other dating site. There are all types on there and appearance isnt everything. I will admit appearance does weign in on if I think they are someone I may want to meet, but if a profile is there I will read it because, you know personality matters. And if I recall correctly, you have posted a picture of yourself on here before and aren't hard on the eyes at all so quit being so modest.

I am definitely the same way, I tried to dampen down my enthusiasm and straight out told her that she should tell me to shut up or let her know if I got out of control talking about beers and such.

I never posted a pic here but I'll take the compliment! :D :mug:
I would definitely set up a brew day. That could be a great way to spend some time together and make a beer. The follow up would be to bottle and give her some. :) That is how I've tried to lure boys...boys are tough customers though I think. Us girls, we eat that **** all up!

It's always refreshing to wake up to fermentation in the morning! ;)

Yeah it is.

More water. Evidently the doctor doesn't find me funny when I giggle uncontrollably when I say goop is coming from my eyes and it could be ebola.

Best of luck man!! All the people I know in the business say the brewing is the easy part. From what you've posted I can tell your knowledge is more than sufficient to land this one.

That is why I think I might be a good fit with someone else to partner up on a brewery (although I really do not have aspirations to do so). I enjoy the "other stuff"...the paperwork, finances, taxes, regulation...

Yes, I am a sick puppy.

Drinking coffee and doing all the "other stuff" for someone else's business...

I never posted a pic here but I'll take the compliment! :D :mug:
I would definitely set up a brew day. That could be a great way to spend some time together and make a beer. The follow up would be to bottle and give her some. :) That is how I've tried to lure boys...boys are tough customers though I think. Us girls, we eat that **** all up!

Yeah it is.

More water. Evidently the doctor doesn't find me funny when I giggle uncontrollably when I say goop is coming from my eyes and it could be ebola.

Hmm... I could swear I saw a picture of you somewhere (you are blonde right?). Or maybe I am just stalking you. Shhhh... dont tell.

I think I will give it another traditionally safe public date or two before offering this up as an option. It should give me some time to clean up(declutter) my brewing area/garage/kitchen/whathaveyou.

I am surprised the offer of brewing hasn't worked better for you. We guys are rather simple creatures, no matter how much credit you ladies want to give us. And turning down the offer of alcohol? Wow, what kind of guys are you after? Mormons? (no offense intended to any Mormons reading this site, I figured it was safer than using a different religon as an example). I promise you, if someone were to offer me a brew day, even before I got into it myself, I would have taken up that offer in a second, even if she looked like the character Mimi from the Drew Carrey show.

Feel better. Sick is no fun. Stay hydrated (hydration method is entirely up to you). I find a Hot Toddy or Scotchy before bed seems to fix me right up.

And to get on topic, I am having a large bottle of water. Because, why the heck not.

About to be on the h2o.

Had a bat in my house last night which scared the crap outta me. Went in to my daughter's room and it flew out into the hallway missing me and then it flew for a good 20 minutes (while I was armed with a broom). Glad it decided not to stay...

1408631372170.jpg

That is why I think I might be a good fit with someone else to partner up on a brewery (although I really do not have aspirations to do so). I enjoy the "other stuff"...the paperwork, finances, taxes, regulation...

Yes, I am a sick puppy.

Drinking coffee and doing all the "other stuff" for someone else's business...

You sir, are in fact a very sick puppy!! That is the stuff that sucks the very most. I can't wait until we get through all the financing and red tape so I can just brew already!

On the cawfeh

You sir, are in fact a very sick puppy!! That is the stuff that sucks the very most. I can't wait until we get through all the financing and red tape so I can just brew already!

On the cawfeh

But that stuff never ends...especially in a business like brewing. Brewing is, essentially, a manufacturing business. If you don't have good cost accounting systems in place, your success is left purely to chance. If you cannot measure it, you cannot manage it.

Still drinking coffee.

Back