What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking water...considering tea but I don't want to move. Day 6 of being sick but I thought it was fatigue. Turned out Monday it is a respiratory infection. Being sick alone sucks so I came here to complain to random internet strangers. :fro:

Been sick since Sunday here. Thought it was fatigue too. Sore throat but that went away on Monday.

Another great variation on Hatter.

_DSC3428.jpg

Doing some Porters tonight. Nailed em both (score wise and flavor descriptor wise) based on Gordon Strong's sample sheet on the BJCP site. I'll be going ESBs/English Pales next.

I think I might just have this exam under control.

I'll be making an early night of it though. Tomorrow I'm doing a trial run (IE a paid brew day on a pilot system) for that brewing job. I get the impression that this is into the "vetting" stage. As in, if I don't f*** this up, I just might have the job. And I want to make sure I'm working on a good night's sleep.

20140820_181943.jpg

20140820_190300.jpg

Doing some Porters tonight. Nailed em both (score wise and flavor descriptor wise) based on Gordon Strong's sample sheet on the BJCP site. I'll be going ESBs/English Pales next.

I'll be making an early night of it though. Tomorrow I'm doing a trial run (IE a paid brew day on a pilot system) for that brewing job. I get the impression that this is into the "vetting" stage. As in, if I don't f*** this up, I just might have the job. And I want to make sure I'm working on a good night's sleep.

Congrats on both brother! Good luck tomorrow.

Then you'd best nail that brew tomorrow! Best of luck. :mug:

Good luck with the brew day. I'm sure you'll kick ass!

So far I'm digging the oak aged. What other varieties are there besides regular, oak and rye?

White hatter, black hatter michigan hatter and a couple others. I've had most if them and they're all good. New Holland brews good beer

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

View attachment 218997
Only had their beers once before I remember one of them being pretty good, we'll see!

Wasn't a fan of Baltika myself. Then again I am not a huge malty beer fan.

Awesome! Where'd you kidnap, I mean meet this gal?

$100? Thought it was $10. Or is that if you used my account to sign up and we both sace $10 a month?

Drinking water...considering tea but I don't want to move. Day 6 of being sick but I thought it was fatigue. Turned out Monday it is a respiratory infection. Being sick alone sucks so I came here to complain to random internet strangers. :fro:

So sorry. Have a slug of grain alcohol/shine... that always seems to clear my lungs out.

You got this, no problem!

Patersbomb number 5, number 6 to come.

Attachments

• 1408578721551.jpg
    1408578721551.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 64

Hope you feel better! You didn't get it from me!

Kegorator started to freeze up, explains why there was no saison for me yesterday, does it a couple of times a year when the weather fluctuates, cheap fridge may be time to put a controller on it!

Damn tasty old school choice,

IMG_4289.jpg

Best of luck and even if it doesn't work out you can say you were a paid brewer;)

Best of luck and even if it doesn't work out you can say you were a paid brewer;)

That's what I'm saying. I explained it this way to my wife: "even if the job doesn't work out, I get a paid sick day from work, another day's worth of pay, and I get a brew day out of it". She called me a horrible person.

Drinking iced tea. Some strawberry oolong thing from Teavana. It's not my favorite.

And thanks for the well wishes everyone. As long as I'm not thrown to the wolves on unfamiliar equipment I think I'll be just fine.

Been sick since Sunday here. Thought it was fatigue too. Sore throat but that went away on Monday.
My sore throat started Friday and is nearly gone. The breathing or lack thereof is the worst.
You are right, it is $10 off a month for 10 months, for both people. IT was just easier to type $100. Hope you feel better soon! :D

Sure you can add it after? I'll PM my acct # but they wouldn't let me add it after the fact. I had to have it when I signed up.

Knocking through a six pack of Flipside from Sierra. I remember enjoying it last year but I'm just kind of meh on this round through.

I've had it, bottle and draft and was tough to get down, I guess I'm just not a fan of sours. I haven't tried one yet that was pleasent

some of them are rough for sure. I hated Tart of Darkness it remains the only beer I've ever had that made me physically ill. Very one note warhead extreme sourness and nothing else. Monk's Cafe is mildly sour with other goodness going on. All of Jolly Pumpkin's stuff is very good as well.

Finally digging into my BIF from zeptrey. Starting off Anthem's Golden One Belgian Blonde. Very nice. Fruity, spicy, nice mouthfeel. Thanks for sharing zeptrey.

_DSC3432.jpg

My quad. I don't know if the cap had a bad seal on it or if something funky went on in the bottle, but this one tastes a bit off compared to the rest.

Hey...wondering where you wuz! Sorry you're sick. Respiratory infections ain't no joke. How's that tepache doing? There's probably enough penicillin in there to fix you right up!

About to go make a selection from the fridge.

Back