Need a good idea for the lid of my Keezer Build!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfike76

Reaction score
I recently built a Keezer using and have stalled at trying to think of the best material and design for my lid... I would love to use the same type of wood incorporated with a granite slab or slate but I'm afraid the weight of it will destroy the lid's seal. Any ideas out there?

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

Dude thats awesome! what about a false concrete, or fake granite top? I think it would fit while, while, providing contrast to the wood siding.

You really don't need to use the stock lid. Use some wood, stone, granite, etc, just insulate it and use weatherstripping on top of the collar.

Looks great, BTW!

I built a removable lid that sits on top of the freezer lid like a shoebox top. It's made of oak and gives it a finished look. I added a rail around it. All my glassware sits on it.

What about some of that fake granite they use for countertops? Or perhaps some granite looking formica?

Latest posts

Back