And We Call it 'Cletus the Fetus'

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Old Man! We'll be welcoming you to the super secret club of parenting!

Yes, boobies get bigger, but their status changes from toy to food. No touchie..

I think the worst thing is when you have two kids and the pregnancy "fever" is wildly different between them. The first one was like spanish fly, the second one not so much. Let's just say I don't have to "imagine" what breast milk tastes like. I know, TMI.

I think the worst thing is when you have two kids and the pregnancy "fever" is wildly different between them. The first one was like spanish fly, the second one not so much. Let's just say I don't have to "imagine" what breast milk tastes like. I know, TMI.

Been there done that. With the first she went all nympho, with the second being in the same room was too close for her.

Way, way, way, wayyyyyyyyyy TMI.

Update---so, she went in by herself for the first "routine" visit, and they didn't expect to catch a heartbeat, but they actually got one on doppler!!! Holy sh*t. A heartbeat! :D:D:D

First ultrasound on Monday. Bout to find out if that damn twins gene of hers is workin'.

Hey, hey!! Congrats, Evan! SWMBO & I have been working on our second for a few months so hopefully I'll have my own fetal post soon.

BTW, my daughter was born June 8 but was supposed to be a July baby. Everything worked out fine with her & SWMBO but my one big piece of advice to first timers is to really pay attention to the NICU tour during your childbirth classes. You never know what might happen and it really helps to be somewhat familiar with that place. That said, I wish you guys the best of luck and smooth sailing!!

0787_001.jpg

Very cool, Evan! Congrats!

I do seem to recall you having a bit of an anti-child attitude a few months back... I should dig up some of your old posts... :D

advanced_technology.png

Very cool, Evan! Congrats!

I do seem to recall you having a bit of an anti-child attitude a few months back... I should dig up some of your old posts... :D

Yeah, well, I'm anti-everyone-else's-child. ;) Buncha snotnosed little parasites. But not mine :D

I'm sure yours will be madly brilliant and gorgeous and love making beer, just like mine.

Incidentally, I was pushing her in the shopping cart yesterday, and she told me to "Go fast! Go STUPID FAST!"

You're going to LOVE **** like that!

Yeah, well, I'm anti-everyone-else's-child. ;) Buncha snotnosed little parasites. But not mine :D

Ah yes, spoken like a true parent!
Me and my wife are still amazed that out of everyone in the world, WE ended up with the cutest baby there ever was! Doesn't seem fair to the others really.

Ah yes, spoken like a true parent!
Me and my wife are still amazed that out of everyone in the world, WE ended up with the cutest baby there ever was! Doesn't seem fair to the others really.

The wife and I are amazed at how beautiful our daughters are...expecially coming from us. I just tell people that our two uglies canceled out to make a pretty. The wife does not enjoy that joke.

Due date came and went with no fanfare. Doctor's appointment this morning---no change. Oh well. Here's hoping that he drops out sooner than later. Really don't want to have to induce...

He'll come when he's ready. Keep up posted.

Of course! We're not rushing anything, and we always expected him to be a July baby simply because all the boys in my family are. But around 2 weeks past they start inducing...3 weeks is when you start to increase risk.

Well it is nice and comfy in there. Plus when he comes out he has to deal with your goofy ass.

I have an image of Evan! in the delivery room yelling at the OBGYN, 'No, no, you're not doing it right, *****nozzle.' ;)

I saw this thread resurrected and was hoping the bundle had arrived. Good luck. :)

I can see it now... Evan leaves the delivery room - "Thanks Dr. McSnatchPeeker, you may be a fundie communist ********* asshat, but you did a good job delivering Cletus the Fetus."

I have an image of Evan! in the delivery room yelling at the OBGYN, 'No, no, you're not doing it right, *****nozzle.' ;)

I saw this thread resurrected and was hoping the bundle had arrived. Good luck. :)

I can see it now... Evan leaves the delivery room - "Thanks Dr. McSnatchPeeker, you may be a fundie communist ********* asshat, but you did a good job delivering Cletus the Fetus."

Dude, it can't be worse than my wife's sister's recent delivery. The boyfriend was apparently very overbearing and possessive, telling the nurses what to do, etc., and her mom can be pretty confrontational...and they had it out, like, full-on yelling at each other in the hospital, etc. All I can say is, I'm glad I'm not him...whew!

Believe me, I'm not gonna be telling anyone what to do.

Good luck!

Danika had to be induced. We were a bit bummed about it, but what are you going to do??? It wasn't a big deal, and it worked in about 12 hours for her, then she was rolling and dilating.

I am sure you will be fine in the hospital. The nurses do appreciate you being helpful though, at least that's what they told me ;) I am an engineer and love the tools and instruments they have in hospitals, so I was always paying attention and trying to figure out what they were doing and what was going on. By the end, I was actually pretty helpful and it kept me busy.

Have fun! The first peek of your new baby will be an incredible experience. Birth is unbelievable.

the_Wife had to be induced with the_Bean; we were within a day of the expected date, but we had just found out that Bean had a heart arrhyhmia so they wanted to get her out ASAP.

The MIL was a little... well, she wasn't overbearing or anything, but she kinda laid a pretty bad guilt trip on the_Wife for requesting an epidural (sp?). It was more nerve-wracking having her here than not, so this time - she gets to stay at the house and take care of Bean.

Good luck Evan! and keep us posted.

SWMBO had to have the zipper method. More involved but left the nether-regions intact...if you catch my drift. ;)

Both of ours were by zipper as well. Though, I was locked out for a year after number two was born--I'm not kidding.

Good luck Evan, keep us posted. :mug:

All the best wishes in the world for you and your wife, the only thing that I can complain about is I don't have more time to spend with him. He is so tired at 6 months old, however is awake all day long. I'm sure there will be times I want to put him back in to cook a little longer from what I've read and heard from people but I can't get enough of him right now. Enjoy the charcoal goo poop, SERIOUSLY, it will be the last time you ever want to be involved with poop and your child. You'll understand. And buy plenty of "D" batteries for all the automated items you will most certainly have or buy......ie Diaper Genie....OMFG thats bad if they die.

Good luck and best wishes.....:rockin:

And buy plenty of "D" batteries for all the automated items you will most certainly have or buy......ie Diaper Genie....OMFG thats bad if they die.

Good luck and best wishes.....:rockin:

Our Diaper Genie II doesn't take batteries.....?

Enjoy these last few Bonus days of Life with just you and your wife.
My wife had to be induced. We were laying there nice and relaxed listening to his heart beat and hers and watching AdultSwim when 3 nurses RUSHED in, rolled my wife to the side and started talking nurse talk to each other. Scared the **** out of us because nobody bothered to explain what the hell was going on.
Apparently his heartbeat had slowed from being on her back and was fine once rolled over.
We had to be induced because he took his first poo while in her belly, so they broke her water to get all that out and then stuck a little hook in the top of his head to monitor everything. He came out all perfectly healthy, but it was pretty scary. Wife only had 11 minutes of pushing and and epidural....we'll just say it worked :) She made giving birth look easy. Here's hoping your wife has just as easy of a time. Good Luck

Congrats to you and yours...SWMBO is due in October. I'll be brewing a celebratory batch, maybe something that can be cellared until the wee one can enjoy it legally.
Congrats again, best of luck.:mug:

Congrats to you and yours...SWMBO is due in October. I'll be brewing a celebratory batch, maybe something that can be cellared until the wee one can enjoy it legally.
Congrats again, best of luck.:mug:

Man, I feel for you guys...a whole hot summer of being pregnant...no fun!

Points and Laughs!!!!!!

Welcome to my world sucka! Don't worry, you'll get your life back in about 18 years

congrats I guess ;)

congratz dude , any day now it would seem , maybe you will get a liberty babie that would only be 7 days late right?

my wife is pregnant too with our second, my son is 9 :cross:
she is do in november.

maybe i missed it what is the sex of the babie?

My SWMBO was ten days late with our first and had to be induced... no biggie... just a small shot. 28 hours of labor later and she went C. Also... in the grand scheme of things, not a big deal (and yes, she would say the same thing). It is all going to go by SO fast.

Congrats and good luck.

Back