Blichmann floor burner mods...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewskii

Reaction score
Has any one seen good info on automating a Blichmann burner? I just bought a top tier and would love to control my hot liquor tank tier on a PID.

Is there a good source for this info? I'm thinking of this;
http://amzn.com/B00069CR8S

Plus a pilot/thermocouple assemply
A eBay Love controller
24V AC transformer
And a SSR

Looks like about $150 in parts...expensive?

lots of people have automated their burners with off the shelf parts but not being that smart i bought blichmann's mash module (which works for the HLT too) for $574. while that is pretty steep it worked right out of the box for me and i wouldn't want to ever brew without it again. there is a DIY section in these forums where people have posted lots of info on doing this for a lot less than what i paid.

Thanks. I've seen a couple interesting threads. It seems like any automation people are doing is on recirculating mash systems and mostly electric: two things I'm not planning on doing.

I've seen another thread where someone used a manual pilot (?) and 120v AC solenoid valves. That just left me confused on how they did the pilot.

I was hoping someone had a good source for info on gas burner control.

Back