nissan versa problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mummasan

Reaction score
bought one 11 months ago - last week I noticed low oil level

took it to the Nissan dealer and they told me the rear main seal needed to be replaced

WTF! are you kidding me? after only 13,000 miles?

the good news here is that I won't pay for the fix but...I'm not sure if I will buy a Nissan ever again

I just had to have the automatic tranny oil temp sensor replaced in my Forester after only 34K miles. Covered under the drivetrain warranty, but still. I know what you mean, but I wouldn't base your future buying decision entirely on the random failure of a single seal.

Maybe one of the guys on the assembly line at nissan had too many homebrews the night before. I doubt Nissan is an inferior brand based on one problem with one car. This probably happens to lots of brands, unless they're not drinkin their homebrew.

RDWHAHB:tank:

At least you didn't buy the previous generation Altima. All those had to have the whole rear suspension cut out and new one welded in due to a safety issue.

Back