Need a container to soak equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yalpe

Reaction score
Anyone know where I could find a container roughly 3-4 feet long and maybe 6 inch wide? I'd like to soak my equipement in there to sanitize/clean some parts (racking cane, thermometer, vynil tubes, wine thief, stuff like that).

The reason behind this is I don't want to use a couple of gallons worth of sanitizer everytime I need to manipulate the wort. I use oxysan as a sanitizer and it needs a pretty long contact time to be effective (sprinkling water on the parts is time consuming). I tried googling for this but so far I can't find the correct keyword.

You need a wallpaper tray.
41J2NDtktCL._SL160_AA160_.gif

They're pretty cheap at your local Ace/Lowe's/Home Depot.

Yay! Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

Yep, those work great. Buy two. One for cleaning and one for sanitizing. Do not try to pick it up when full of water. It will be damaged if you do. Place it on a table or the floor where it is fully supported along it's entire length before filling. Tip if over sideways to empty or dip it out if you cannot tip it without creating a big mess. These things are flimsy and fragile, but they are also dirt cheap, so it's not a big deal if you do phuk it up.

I got two 30" as suggested. They can be stacked for easy storage too. I can soak my racking cane (it fits almost perfectly) using only 2L of sanitizer. This is quite practical and economical. I recommended it to a few friends!

Back