Best Beer books

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone refers to Papazian's "Complete Joy of Homebrewing" as the Bible and, yes, I started with it.

51KFMQB4WFL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

However, I later got Palmer's "How to Brew" and found it so much more help. Answered a lot of "what if" questions, what went wrong if..., more details into what does what, etc. YMMV

510JBcbuvWL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Oh, by far the greatest source of wisdome, BAR NONE, has been this board. Only board I've ever paid for.

HowToBrew.com is very good online book. After reading that I would recommend Designing Great Beers by Ray Daniels. You will literally learn EVERYTHING.

I grew up on Charlie P. I got my first copy in 1998...a full year before I was 21 (yes I really did wait to be 21 to start to brew), and now have 2 editions of that book. Alas, it's going on 3 decades old, and while still worth every penny, I did just pickup a copy of How To Brew.

I want Designing Great Beers. Another awesome book that I do have is Radical Brewing.

As my as I love Charlie Papazian's style, I think a great start on books is "how to Brew" by John Palmer. His online book (free) is a good way to see most of the book and use it. I refer to it all the time! howtobrew.com is the link.

I like Radical Brewing by Randy Mosher, but I still haven't finished it because the last half is the "radical" part. I'm still trying to learn to brew with regular ingredients!

I started with "the Joy" in '95 at Ferris State. I had to buy another because the guy I brewed with back then took it. I loaned that this year and that guy lost it, so I'm fixin' to buy my third copy. I also have a copy of "The Homebrewer's Companion". I just like the way Charlie communicates in these books. I have a book by Stephen Snyder(?), which is loaned out that seemed to be pretty comprehensive, but I can't remeber the name. I've also referenced howtobrew.com and will get that book. Brew Like a Monk is on my list.

As my as I love Charlie Papazian's style, I think a great start on books is "how to Brew" by John Palmer. His online book (free) is a good way to see most of the book and use it. I refer to it all the time! howtobrew.com is the link.

I like Radical Brewing by Randy Mosher, but I still haven't finished it because the last half is the "radical" part. I'm still trying to learn to brew with regular ingredients!

I do have the free version and used it before finding this great site. Now I'm looking more to pad my library and have something I can read without being online.

I love Dave Millers home brewing guide cover to cover probably five times. I think it is hands down the best one.
Ive been wanting to pick that lagering book up.

Latest posts

Back