Best Book resource to have in library

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seth0194

Reaction score
What one book should every brew maker have? Or a resource (like video, instructions, etc)
If there is another thread please post link, I didn't have a ton of time today to look through, I am about a week out from starting my first batch.

I am about a week out from starting my first batch.
Are you starting with a kit? ... starting with extracts (or 'all-grain')?

If you're starting with an extract kit, reading chapter 1 of How To Brew, 4e before brew day is a solid starting point. You can read the other chapters while the beer is fermenting and bottle conditioning.

Are you starting with a kit? ... starting with extracts (or 'all-grain')?

If you're starting with an extract kit, reading chapter 1 of How To Brew, 4e before brew day is a solid starting point. You can read the other chapters while the beer is fermenting and bottle conditioning.
I am starting with Northern brew Irish Red kit.

Another vote for How To Brew. It's aimed at brewers of all skill levels, so it will get you started off on the right foot and carry you through your brewing adventures for a long time. It's packed with good information.

For video, you might find good info from The Apartment Brewer on YouTube. Despite the name, it isn't directed solely to apartment dwellers.

Another vote for How To Brew. It's aimed at brewers of all skill levels, so it will get you started off on the right foot and carry you through your brewing adventures for a long time. It's packed with good information.

For video, you might find good info from The Apartment Brewer on YouTube. Despite the name, it isn't directed solely to apartment dwellers.

The Apartment Brewer is probably my favorite channel since BrewingTV/Chop & Brew but I feel it is more thorough than those channels and others. Steve does a lot more grain to glass videos and he's very detailed, which I like.

As for videos, I'll add Brew-Dudes. They talk more about than "show" what they're doing, but lots of info especially with their "jar of destiny" videos. Underrated channel imo and it's been on forever compared to the other brew channels out there.

This isn't a how-to-brew book but I really enjoy it as a resource to learn about a bunch of different styles of beer, their histories and evolution. Very informative and great reading while waiting on your brews to ferment/condition.
IMG_20231021_170206.jpg

Back