Help! My 1y/o kid just shoved a salad tongs into a carboy, backwards.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An appropriate lexicon or emoticon has not yet been created to do justice to the level of brilliance and inner joy this thread has resulted in.

Thanks @johnodonovan and of course @mini_johnodonovan for making this happen

1. Get two lengths of butchers twine and a section of pvc pipe 1".

2. Put slip nooses on the end of each one.

3. Slip nooses over silicone pads (one over each)

4. Fish the loose ends of the twine through the pipe.

5. Slide pipe down into carboy while pulling twine tight.

6. Tongs will close up.

7. Lift pipe and tongs out of carboy.

8. Send check for brilliant idea to BrotherGrim.

Winner! But with steel wire, vacuum cleaner handle and dramatic video in place of check. Also, alCophile pm'd me a similar solution.

Next project?

!!!lady in bottle.jpg

See attached pic, illustrating price paid for poor supervision of brew equipment, and kids.

Any suggestions for removing it without destroying the carboy are welcome!

View attachment 287842

Johnodonovan,

This thread has brought me so much humor and joy. I commend you on taking the time to make a video of your struggle and eventual victory over the tongs. I would like to reward you with gifting you a year long membership to the forum. It may not get you a new carboy, but at least you'll get some free decals out the deal to put in your new one. Brew on my friend

If you dry tong for too long it imparts an iron oxide taste to the beer. Beer very careful when dry tonging.

Someone start a kickstarter for this guy. Everyone pitch in a buck and get him a big mouth bubbler

Johnodonovan,

This thread has brought me so much humor and joy. I commend you on taking the time to make a video of your struggle and eventual victory over the tongs. I would like to reward you with gifting you a year long membership to the forum. It may not get you a new carboy, but at least you'll get some free decals out the deal to put in your new one. Brew on my friend

Excellent! I was wondering what those emails were about. Thanks a lot! I'll participate for sure :)

Back