Kegs for fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsoto75

Reaction score
I have seen posts on this site about people using kegs as fermentors. My question is, where can i pick these up, or are they not really the way to go?

-dave

Keg Fermenter Kit :: Midwest Supplies Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies

Personally I don't like the idea of a keg as a fermenter, I'd rather use a pail that is easy to clean and not have to worry about cleaning out the dip tube sitting in trub for weeks.

You don't really have to have the dip tube in there in the first place. So there would not be a need to clean it out.

This looks like the fittings to use with the kegs, but where can I find the actual kegs?

Brewers Discount is a good company to deal with when buying kegs, so is Keg Connection, and you really don't need that whole "kit" they sell, all you need to do is take the beer out post off, remove the dip tube, and put a piece of tubing on the post that is left and stick the air lock in that. Cost you about 5 bucks if you have to buy an airlock. about .50 cents if you have an airlock.

Back