Bottling a still cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyzo

Reaction score
OK, so I brewed a cider about a month back, and its been sitting in the primary this whole time, and has cleaned up after itself quite well. It was fermented with notty and is down to 1.002, and tastes quite dry. I was planning on making it a still cider anyways, so I threw some sorbate in there and let it sit overnight. Now I want to sweeten it up some, so I added apple juice back into it until the gravity was 1.01, and it tastes delicious. Now my question is, how should I store these? I would really rather not use my bottles (just because then I wont have enough to bottle my lager thats almost done), and I dont have a kegging system yet. So could I just put these back into the plastic apple juice jugs they came in, or would that lead to oxidation? Thanks

Ok I might be wrong here and if I am please let me know. But I would just put it in a one gallon glass jug with the corresponding closure. Just let it hang out until you want to drink it. Maybe even go with a half gallon jug. Kind of like a modified bulk aging.

Back