Wow... People really do suck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
I just saw a bicycle delivery guy. That means that a restaurant sent him out to deliver in this weather, and someone on the other end ordered delivery.

Wow, I was cooking instead of ordering out today because I didnt want to put anyone's life in danger. Guess I should have been responsible and tipped someone to bring me a bagel sandwich.

I just saw a bicycle delivery guy. That means that a restaurant sent him out to deliver in this weather, and someone on the other end ordered delivery.

Oh, you silly man. The guy that ordered delivery was being safe, and not going out. I can't believe you can't see that!

Seriously, I can't believe any take out place would do that! Seriously, close for the evening. Really.

We sure are a bunch of spoiled people.

Easy for me to say, since we don't have delivery anywhere I live within 50 miles or more. :D

Don't feel sorry for the guy on the bike, he choose that job. He could be working at McDonalds where it's warm, but they don't get tips.

Right it really depends whether his life is truly in danger. If it just sucks to be out riding a bike at night when it's windy and raining and the media is hyping a storm, then well, that's the value proposition. I will pay you x for y. Sometimes it sucks. I don't know, it could be much worse up that way so I shouldn't say. It's unethical of the restaurant to put an employee's life in danger to deliver, but they could just be ignorant (not that it's an excuse) or just don't care and want to be maybe one of the few restaurants who will deliver that evening even if it means the employees are in undue risk.

When I was young and stupid(er), I was a pizza delivery guy/ storm chaser for more than one tornado or blizzard.
Tips were GREAT those nights...

Right it really depends whether his life is truly in danger. If it just sucks to be out riding a bike at night when it's windy and raining and the media is hyping a storm, then well, that's the value proposition. I will pay you x for y. Sometimes it sucks. I don't know, it could be much worse up that way so I shouldn't say. It's unethical of the restaurant to put an employee's life in danger to deliver, but they could just be ignorant (not that it's an excuse) or just don't care and want to be maybe one of the few restaurants who will deliver that evening even if it means the employees are in undue risk.

I guess that's what I'm wondering. How many places did the ordering person call to find one that WOULD deliver? I'm lazy, but not that lazy, and I wouldn't look up 10 phone numbers. :drunk:

CreamyGoodness said:

Let's take a step back before we judge. The guy is earning money, anyway he can. No one held a gun to his head & forced him to deliver food. Good people do what is necessary to make their life better at all levels. Maybe I am wrong but it sounds right, maybe it's the pints of homebrew oatmeal stout talking

Oh, you silly man. The guy that ordered delivery was being safe, and not going out. I can't believe you can't see that!

Seriously, I can't believe any take out place would do that! Seriously, close for the evening. Really.

We sure are a bunch of spoiled people.

Easy for me to say, since we don't have delivery anywhere I live within 50 miles or more. :D

I don't have it either. I would be the guy ordering in the storm. Know what would make this hurricane tolerable? Pizza and wings.

I hate earthquakes, I wonder if the burrito shop is open?

See all them zombies? Lets get some sandwiches.

And so on...

Was it Jimmy Johns? According to their commercials they are so fast the guy could easily beat a hurricane

If I didn't have power to cook I'd try to get something delivered, too, especially if there isn't anywhere open to buy food. I don't know if any of that is the case but if I owned a restaurant I certainly wouldn't have people delivering food unless they were in a car where they would stay warm and dry.

During disastrous weather, I dress as a bicycle delivery guy ride and around with a McDonalds bag full of live rattlesnakes.

Just sayin.

During disastrous weather, I dress as a bicycle delivery guy ride and around with a McDonalds bag full of live rattlesnakes.

Just sayin.

il_fullxfull.123492881.jpg

You forgot the sweet chili dipping sauce! Fecking cheapskate.

I am too superstitious.

Last big storm that hit when I was carrying, (chili dipping sauce) I ended flying through the air with the evil witch of the west theme music pulsing in my ears.

Now I stick with a light honeymustard.

I bet that figured it might be a while before he could get delivery. Had to order one last time before they closed the roads.

Or, his homecooking may have been terrible, or maybe he (or,she, why do we assume it's a guy??) doesn't have anything to cook in their place...

Maybe the delivery guy isn't actually delivering to a customer. Maybe his girlfriend (or boyfriend, why do we assume he's straight?) called in an order just so they can have a quick hookup. I'd bicycle in a hurricane if my girlfriend "called in an order". (Not that I have a girlfriend, but if I did, I'd rock her like a hurricane IN a hurricane!)

Latest posts

Back