Liquid Yeast Hot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bayou Fatma Brewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Is anyone able to successfully order Liquid Yeast without it arriving hot (Even with Ice Packs) ? Our LHBS is usually out of Whitelabs and other LY). Once I ordered 85 miles away from my
location with ice packs and both were 75 degrees. (It took 5 days for FedEx to deliver 85 miles away).
If so where do you order from? I won’t pay for overnight delivery because it costs more than the Yeast.
That being said: what’s you favorite (Dry Yeast) alternative to Liquid Yeast ? Lager & Ale’s (But would still like to get cold Liquid Yeast delivered If possible)
CHEERS

Last edited:
The only liquid yeasts I use are Imperial Loki, and Imperial Whiteout; mainly because I cannot (yet) find dry alternatives that do what I want them to do. And they are only used for two very specific beers that I brew. For all my other beers I use dry yeast; Nottingham for ales, Lutra for blondes and ciders, champagne yeast for mead, and more recently Novalager for lagers. I get the hype that there is a LOT more variety in the liquid yeasts, but to me it's analogous to the difference between similar varieties of apples. For example, can you really tell the difference between a Gala and a Honeycrisp? Perhaps not a good example, but you get my drift. Maybe some can, but I really don't see the value in it.

Latest posts

Back