moisture control in keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kershner_Ale

Reaction score
Just got done building my keezer. Several hours after plugging it in I noticed a fair amount of moisture building up on the walls on the inside. Not to worry, or do folks use those dessicants to absorb moisture?

Thanks,

Jeff

Some condensation accumulating on initial startup should be expected. Lots of guys use Damp Rid to reduce and control it over the long run. Many times excessive condensation can be the result of an air leak at the lid seal or where the collar is attached to the freezer. Even a tiny air leak will lead to excessive condensation. A collar needs to be constructed carefully to insure that the sealing edges are not warped or otherwise out of square. The lid seal will take up a lot of the imperfections, but there is a limit. Put a light inside the freezer in a darkened room and check the sealing surfaces closely for light leakage. If light can get out, air can get in for sure. No light leakage is not an absolute indication that there is no air leak, but it's quick and easy to do. I would let the freezer run for a few days first and see if the problem gets worse or not before taking any corrective action.

Back