Keezer Moisture

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airborneguy

Retired and Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
How do you all deal with keezer moisture? Mine is collecting quite a pool at the bottom and I don’t feel like removing all of the kegs to clean it. I tried the drain but it doesn’t work because of the decorative base the builder crafted.

I was thinking of putting one of these closest/fun safe moisture bags inside. I can’t come up with any downsides to this but maybe someone here has input?

The fans make a profound impact. I just stick them together using ~1" squares of self-sticking Velcro.
This pic shows an 80mm fan I had on hand before I switched to the 40mm ones I bought later...

1672090266384.png

Cheers!

What about those cheapo renewable de-humidifiers they sell for gun safes? I bought a couple of those. They absorb moisture. then you plug them into the wall, to they dry out to be used again.

I use the EvaDry 300 like @day_trippr has pictured. Has kept my keezer dry for the last two years now. It's a plug in unit to self-heat and dries itself out as well. They're pretty cheap on Amazon, I think 30 bucks?
I canceled the first order and grabbed one of these. If it lasts, it will be much cheaper than continually buying one-use bags. Thanks!

It should serve you well! Mine is still running strong. I plug it in maybe every other month or so to dry it out. Humidity is pretty low over here in CA, so it isn't working as hard as in other areas of the country.
Yes! That is the same unit I have essentially.. Its one of those devices sold with a million brands but its the same thing.. I have been happy..

HomeDepot has them for $15 Eva-Dry 333

Latest posts

Back