Drying your Autosiphon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PatMac

Reaction score
Couldn't find any tips on here about it. It's not a huge problem, but I always have trouble getting all of the sanitized water to dry in my auto-siphon and tube. It obviously does over time, but then it leaves the water marks and such. Any suggestions to quickly dry the inside of an auto-siphon?

Yep, on a hook...;)

MAybe you should give it a Pete Townsend whirl or two...:rockin:

Ok this has nothing to do with the problem at hand but I can't resist on the Pete Townshend comment to put this up. :rockin:

Pete's Rock'n Porter - High Gravity

petes_rockn_porter_203_detail.jpg

Oh and about the auto siphon I just turn it upside down in something and let it dry.

Couldn't find any tips on here about it. It's not a huge problem, but I always have trouble getting all of the sanitized water to dry in my auto-siphon and tube. It obviously does over time, but then it leaves the water marks and such. Any suggestions to quickly dry the inside of an auto-siphon?

I always rinse the inside of the auto-siphon and tubing with a small amount of distilled water as the last step in my cleaning process - same for my other tubing, thief, carboys, and anything I can't dry. This avoids the water marks due to mineral deposits. Following that, I give the autosiphon and thief a good shaking and "helicopter" the tubing, then don't worry about any small droplets of water that I couldn't get - they dry without leaving a trace. The distilled water isn't sanitized, but I'm going to sanitize the equipment right before I use it again anyway.

I always remove the racking cane from the tubing and the siphon. Then I just stand the siphon upside down on the shelf with the tubing hanging both ends down as mentioned.

Is that porter any good? I may pick that up next time I'm in Tulsa.

Latest posts

Back