hot weather

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palousebrewster

Reaction score
My air conditioning died when I was away on vacation during a record setting heat wave. It got really hot in my apartment. In my secondary fermenter I have my Irish red. In my primary I have a hefeweizen. The Irish reds been in the secondary for a week after being in the primary for a week. My hefe has been in the primary for the last week. The temperature has been pretty steady for most of there life at 65 degrees and it looked like primary fermentation for the here had subsided 4 days ago.And they were only hot for no more than about 36 hours. Can I expect any off flavors or will the yeast already having done most of there job not really cause any off flavors?

Its not too much of a concern unless it got to 110 or something hot enough to kill some yeast.

The beer in secondary is totally fine. If the beer in primary was over 50% fermented, id have no concerns either.

Latest posts

Back