Is Green Color bad?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewScout

Reaction score
I opened my primary last night and saw this.
20120221_193937.jpg

Is this beer sick or am I just being an overly paranoid noob? I havent been able to find any info on this green color.

Did you use pellet hops? Did you pour everything into the fermenter after you cooled the wort? That looks normal to me if you answered yes to either/both questions.

Hoppy, yeasty krausen! Nothing to worry about. Throw the top back on and let the yeast do it's job. :mug:

+1 on hops hanging out on top.

When hops rise to the top that's beers way of letting you know that it loves you

crackhead7 said:
Looks more like its lonely and needs a couple more gallons for company!

That is my fault. I didn't think to compensate for boil off and I spilled about 2 cups of my clean water while filling fermentor! So whole batch is short about 1/2 gallon or so. This my first brew and that is lesson learned #358 LOL

That is my fault. I didn't think to compensate for boil off and I spilled about 2 cups of my clean water while filling fermentor! So whole batch is short about 1/2 gallon or so. This my first brew and that is lesson learned #358 LOL

no worries I been there myself, I was also thinking that another full fermentor right next to that one would look mighty fine! Nothing like a full house.

Learning is the best part about this hobby we are always learning something new everytime out. If somebody tells you they have nothing left to learn thier full of BS, even PRO brewers.

It's from the hops. Relax.

+1 I'm sure in the end this will turn out better then you might have ever expected.

Just, make sure to stash a few bottles away to taste 2-3 months after bottling you'll see time does wonders. My first brew was gone so quick due to the excitment of it all, except for one bottle that got shoved to the back of the cabnet and it was by far the best of them all!

Back