Vienna Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulive

Reaction score
I know people have done Vienna Lagers, but why no Vienna Ales? I'm considering it but don't know if I should just use one of the Vienna Lager recipes and change yeasts...

Soulive said:
I know people have done Vienna Lagers, but why no Vienna Ales? I'm considering it but don't know if I should just use one of the Vienna Lager recipes and change yeasts...

I just bottled Pumbaa's St Fuad's Irish Red recipe it was about 90% Vienna and an ale! Tasted delicous at bottling time!:mug:

I brewed an all Vienna California Common, does that count? ;)

It is likely going in secondary this weekend, then to keg the following. I will let you know how it turns out.

You'll still get beer. Chances are you'll get a pretty good beer too. I've done a pilsener that I fermented with WLP001 because it finishes pretty cleanly and I can ferment it at room temp. Then after a couple of weeks in secondary I kegged it and lagered it for a while... tasted pretty darn good, but you could tell it was not as crisp.

I'm torn on the yeast but I'm thinking 75%ish Vienna and then 2row. I don't know if I want Notty, US05, or S04 though...

Bobby_M said:
I really don't think you'll see any big differences with those yeasts except for maybe a 2 point increase in FG using the S04.

I"ll probably go Nottingham as usual...

Latest posts

Back